Where are you at with Professional Development?

Started by Pylon, April 05, 2005, 11:32:04 PM

Where are you at with your Professional Development?

Pre-Level I
0 (0%)
Level I
11 (28.9%)
Level II
8 (21.1%)
Level III
7 (18.4%)
Level IV
9 (23.7%)
Level V
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pylon

Out of sheer curiosity, I was wondering where various Senior Members are with their Professional Development.  Granted, this will vary greatly based on how long you've been in CAP but the poll doesn't allow for two variables.   

So post away.    :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

You forgot level V Mike.

I had to look at CAPR 50-17 'cause I couldn't remember if I was in level I or level II.  ???

Edit:  Upon further investigation, maybe I should have selected level II instead of level I because I have a Technician rating in two specialty tracks.  PD is way to confusing.  ???
Mike Johnston

arajca

I just completed Level II and I will have Level III completed as soon as I get  senior rating. I currently have three tech ratings (CP, Admin, and Comm).

Mac

Quote from: MIKE on April 06, 2005, 12:20:13 AM
You forgot level V Mike.

I had to look at CAPR 50-17 'cause I couldn't remember if I was in level I or level II.  ???

Edit:  Upon further investigation, maybe I should have selected level II instead of level I because I have a Technician rating in two specialty tracks.  PD is way to confusing.  ???

I know 50-17 is confusing, but have you completed SLS, and AFDIL (ECI 13), with those and at least a Technician rating in a specialty track, then you have Level II completed. The Tech. rating only gets you the leadership ribbon. But, I have been doing this for almost 15 years and I still have to look it up because I get confused.
Derk MacPherson, Lt Col, CAP
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

MIKE

Quote from: Nukem on April 06, 2005, 01:57:34 AM
Quote from: MIKE on April 06, 2005, 12:20:13 AM
You forgot level V Mike.

I know 50-17 is confusing, but have you completed SLS, and AFDIL (ECI 13), with those and at least a Technician rating in a specialty track, then you have Level II completed. The Tech. rating only gets you the leadership ribbon. But, I have been doing this for almost 15 years and I still have to look it up because I get confused.

Still waiting on SLS and AFIADL 13.  I checked E-Services and it shows me as having  completed level I and also lists my two Tech ratings.
Mike Johnston

Mac

Yeah it seems us seniors are always waiting on something, I need Region Staff College to complete level IV.

I guess I could always just do the AFIADL SOS course to get credit, but i think i would rather go to RSC.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

pixelwonk

Quote from: Nukem on April 06, 2005, 02:35:13 AM
Yeah it seems us seniors are always waiting on something, I need Region Staff College to complete level IV.

I guess I could always just do the AFIADL SOS course to get credit, but i think i would rather go to RSC.

hmm... me too.  I'm doing SOS right now. 
and I thought ECI13 was dry...  :P

Pylon

I'm at Level I, myself, though I have the specialty track (Cadet Programs) out of the way - I still have to find an SLS which seem to be extremely rare around these parts.  SLS's are so rare, in fact, I've already checked off my CLC and some other stuff, but no SLS yet.   ::)

Quote from: MIKEYou forgot level V Mike.

Thanks - I put that in as soon as you posted about it.  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Major_Chuck

I just need to complete National Staff College and I'm finished.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

abysmal

Quote from: Pylon on April 05, 2005, 11:32:04 PM
Out of sheer curiosity, I was wondering where various Senior Members are with their Professional Development.  Granted, this will vary greatly based on how long you've been in CAP but the poll doesn't allow for two variables.   

So post away.    :D

This is so grim.
I can't even tell you if I "Have" or have not fully completed level 1.
Heading over to the knowledge base to go see what I was supposed to have accomplished by now...
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
[red]Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer[/red]
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona

abysmal

Looks like there is some kind of a "Level I Orientation Course quiz " that i have never come across. Will have to go hunt that down...

Mac

The "Level I Orientation Course Quiz" is suppose to be taken after completing the Level I Orientation training (Video and Class), your best bet is to check on e-services and see if you a completion date for "ORIENT" and "CPPT" under Senior training, if so you should also have "LV1" showing completed under Senior Levels.

This can all be found in e-services under the "Interactive Personnel System" on the left side of the screen. Let me know if you need any help with it.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

abysmal

Quote from: Nukem on April 07, 2005, 11:21:34 AM
The "Level I Orientation Course Quiz" is suppose to be taken after completing the Level I Orientation training (Video and Class), your best bet is to check on e-services and see if you a completion date for "ORIENT" and "CPPT" under Senior training, if so you should also have "LV1" showing completed under Senior Levels.

This can all be found in e-services under the "Interactive Personnel System" on the left side of the screen. Let me know if you need any help with it.

Shows ET-Senior, Level 1, 11/30/2004
ST CPPT  12/02/04
ST Orientation Course  11/30/04

Mac

Quote from: abysmal on April 07, 2005, 02:36:37 PM
Shows ET-Senior, Level 1, 11/30/2004
ST CPPT  12/02/04
ST Orientation Course  11/30/04

Well then you have completed Level I and are ready to start working Level II, remember to have fun doing the training.
Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001

JaL5597

Level 1

I have my Tech rating (Cadet Programs) and SLS completed.  I am working on AFDALI-13, along with 2 other Tech ratings.  The big thing that prevents me from getting my Senior rating in Cadet Programs is the TLC course.  Thats been the rare PD course.  I have never seen it offered around here.

abysmal

Quote from: Nukem on April 07, 2005, 03:36:02 PM
Well then you have completed Level I and are ready to start working Level II, remember to have fun doing the training.

It would probably be a whole lot more "FUN" if i wasn't doing all of it as independant home study..

abysmal

Quote from: JaL5597 on April 08, 2005, 01:34:29 AM
Level 1

I have my Tech rating (Cadet Programs) and SLS completed.  I am working on AFDALI-13, along with 2 other Tech ratings.  The big thing that prevents me from getting my Senior rating in Cadet Programs is the TLC course.  Thats been the rare PD course.  I have never seen it offered around here.

Don't feel alone.
Checked my wing schedule for all of 2005 and we are not offering one either..

arajca

I haven't seen one offered in CO since I joined in '02. That and time in service is all I need for my CP-Senior.

I need to push paper to get my Admin Senior. I completed all the requirements, but I was waiting for my Level II to show up, which it did last month.

abysmal

Showing my total naivete in these matters...

Just what does it take to get a wing to schedule a course that a member needs/wants to take??

Mac

I gave up on wing, and just downloaded the slides and modified / updated them for my unit and gave the class myself.

Vice Commander
Alaska Wing, PCR-AK-001