Main Menu

TMP SQTR

Started by 172heavy, June 05, 2016, 08:51:20 PM

172heavy

Why does the TMP SQTR have 3 different requirements for PIC time? 200 total PIC, 175 PIC and 100 PIC?

Eclipse

100 is the minimum to qualify for TMP

175 is the minimum needed to begin training as a SAR/SR

200 Is the minimum needed to be able to complete the qualification as a SAR/DR.

Simply put, you can't start being evaluated on SAR/DR tasks before you have 175 PIC, and
even if you completed all the tasks, you can't be rated as a SAR/DR until you have at least 200.

If you have 200 or more coming in as a member, then check all three after substantiation, otherwise,
check the highest you have.

"That Others May Zoom"

172heavy

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Just FYI, we typically use MP for Mission Pilot instead of DR. The achievement in eServices is called MP - SAR/DR Mission Pilot or MP or short.

jeders

Quote from: Mission/Tow Pilot on June 05, 2016, 09:44:48 PM
Just FYI, we typically use MP for Mission Pilot instead of DR. The achievement in eServices is called MP - SAR/DR Mission Pilot or MP or short.

Except that he's asking about Transport Mission Pilot, not SAR/DR Mission Pilot.

Now my memory might be failing me, but I thought you only had to have 100 or 150 hours PIC to qualify for Transport Mission Pilot. I remember a lot of pilots doing sorties as TMP so that they could build time to get 175 to start training as SAR/DR Mission Pilot. But if you need 200 hours PIC for TMP and 200 hours PIC for MP, then what would be the point?
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

jeders

After some additional research, it seems that either A) someone messed up when creating the TMP SQTR in eServices or B) All three are in there for some weird programming reason which escapes me at this time.

TMP only requires that you have 100 hours PIC (with 50 hours x-country) in order to be qualified according to this handout from the national website. Also, upon looking at the SQTR further, while it does list all three hour requirements, only 1 of the 3 is required.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: jeders on June 06, 2016, 12:07:43 AM
After some additional research, it seems that either A) someone messed up when creating the TMP SQTR in eServices or B) All three are in there for some weird programming reason which escapes me at this time.

TMP only requires that you have 100 hours PIC (with 50 hours x-country) in order to be qualified according to this handout from the national website. Also, upon looking at the SQTR further, while it does list all three hour requirements, only 1 of the 3 is required.
Eclipse did mention TMP ^^^ but he also mentioned MP as the majority of TMP's become MP's.

The three PIC's are listed in the eServices TMP SQTR Entry/Worksheet so that they will carry through to the MP SQTR Entry/Worksheet for the reason above.