Velcro shoulder pocket blouse

Started by 800bestofcap, February 21, 2013, 04:36:48 AM

Stonewall

Quote from: lordmonar on February 21, 2013, 07:59:40 AM
Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 06:51:47 AM
Quote from: LGM30GMCC on February 21, 2013, 06:48:05 AM
Well he might be right that soon a Region/CC, Wing/CC, etc may 'know about it'  >:D The results might just not be fully expected.  :angel:
Go ahead, fine with me. Talk to Lt. Col. Wiggs (wing ES), Col. Crawford (wing commander) or Col. Ragland (region commander). Not to mention that Lt col Wiggs is there 95% of the time.
Dude.......Thanks for giving us all the names of your wing/region leaders who supposedly can't read regulations.
We appreciate it.

Now.....guess what....this is what is going to happen.  This thread will be delivered to the named officers with a note that says something like  "WTF guys......are you really telling people that this is okay?"

Then the fecal matter will start to fly.

It seems that you are new to CAPTALK and maybe fairly new to CAP as well........The answer you were really looking for was given in the first reply.  It is not authorised.  No one below NHQ level has the authority to modify 39-1 to allow you to wear them.

So......go ahead and do what you want.....as USAFAUX said.....where's the popcorn?  I want to watch.

Granted, I haven't read through the whole thread (I'm sneaking around CAP Talk at work), but I'd say give the kid cadet a break.  The difference between me and this cadet (when I was a cadet - WIWAC) is that he's got the internet to get himself in trouble and draw attention.  BITD, I would have just done this.  Sure, I may have gotten my hand smacked for it, but it would have probably been worth it.

Fact is, cadet, know that you CANNOT wear these "specialized" BDUs in CAP at any activity.  Other than that, enjoy yourself.
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

It wasn't so much the issue of asking but when he was told that it wasn't authorized and not to waste his money on it, he basically tried to tell the members of the board that he had seen others do it and so it should be okay.  Unfortunately in this forum, that attitude tends to attract the wolves and they came.  It should have been simple but he made it worse by calling out his entire chain of command.  I got my life lesson on this forum and he gets his today.  Thus, the circle of life is complete and everything is good.  I don't know that I have seen this cadet's name but I would hope that the only thing to come out of this is a clarification email from the wing commander saying "Thou shalt not..."  This is not a case of pinata time for a cadet who simply wants to be high speed.  And, in all honesty, I am sure that when I was a cadet I would have done the same thing but my attitude would have been a little bit different.  Lick your wounds and drive on there high speed.

FlyTiger77

Wow. 61 replies in less than 10 hours--is that a record?

And, by the way, I usually hold my map in my hand when I am navigating. YMMV.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

J2H

Those are called "raid modifications" I believe
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

NIN

Quote from: J2H on February 21, 2013, 03:43:08 PM
Those are called "raid modifications" I believe

No, its called "I don't like the 'uni' part of 'uniform' and I want to look different."

At least in this context.

Maybe out in the Hindu Kush in 2001, different matter.  You're riding around on horses with beards and pakol hats in BDUs. 

AFAIK, CAP has no "tier-one" assets.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Duke Dillio

Quote from: NIN on February 21, 2013, 04:12:30 PM
AFAIK, CAP has no "tier-one" assets.

I thought you and Stonewall were "Tier One Assets" NIN......    >:D

NIN

Quote from: GoneAway on February 21, 2013, 04:33:20 PM
I thought you and Stonewall were "Tier One Assets" NIN......    >:D

The gents in the black van with the flashy-flashy thing want to have a talk with you.

Look here. It says "Retired". That should be enough sheep-dipping for CAP.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

800bestofcap

Quote from: NIN on February 21, 2013, 03:35:13 PM
4 Pages? That escalated quickly.
It's because apparently the 5% of senior members in cap who adhear to the 39-1 all have the "too much free time" award. :)
C/MSgt

Eclipse

Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 08:30:58 PM
Quote from: NIN on February 21, 2013, 03:35:13 PM
4 Pages? That escalated quickly.
It's because apparently the 5% of senior members in cap who adhear to the 39-1 all have the "too much free time" award. :)

Cadet, with an attitude like that, you have an "exciting" life ahead of you.

You asked a loaded question and showed a disregard for the regulations your cadet oath binds you to.  We offered clear, appropriate advice.
Instead of accepting that, heeded or not, you chose the "you can't make me" track and then went on to assert things you know are untrue,
in the name of superior officers in your Wing and Region (along the way asserting authority for a few people who don't actually have it, not to mention being confused over who is assigned to what staff positions in your wing).  In this response you impugned fully 95% of the people in CAP, despite the fact that this isn't even true in your small circle, let alone outside of it. 

A quick check of photos of members in your unit/group/wing shows some of the best uniform wear you will find publicly posted, and curiously,
not a single photo of anyone wearing this supposedly "common" field uniform.

I would suggest spending less time on airsoft forums and worrying about quick-drawing your compass, and more time reading the regulations
and guidelines to which you have promised to abide.

Snarky comments from other experienced peers (i.e. adults), are accepted as currency on this board, heck, there are even a handful of cadets who "get it" that can give as good as they get, and are usually appreciated in the spirit they are presented.  The same from a poorly informed, misguided cadet is simply disrespectful.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

LOL. They need to give you the "Still does not get it" Award.

Here's the part I don't get. All this "whining" about a minute to find a map. Every second counts. Yes, I get that.

If every second counts, plan ahead. Don't bury the bloody map in a pocket.

You've got 8 pockets at your disposal. Four in the front, four down below.

If you can't organize a map and compass among them, that you can't just whip out, and take that bearing. You still need to find the occasional flat spot, clear off the ground, etc.

What about your "team"? There's 4 of you, right? 32 pockets among you. "Hey, you're in charge of the map and compass, I'll do the radio, he does the looking ahead, and we all keep walking".

All of that can be done within the regulation, with the specified equipment. Start reaching for it while you're walking. You can walk and chew gu, er, reach for a pocket at the same time, right?

Next thing I bet we hear is "we're not supposed to put anything in the pockets".

NIN

all this "we get to ignore the uniform regs on operational missions" stuff is crap.

There is a big difference between doing something like wearing a non-reg coat instead of potentially suffering a cold weather injury and modifying your CAP uniform in a way that is wholly (and I do me WHOLLY) outside of the bounds of the regs. 

Let me see if I can bottom line this:  Sleeve pockets and rank tabs on the chest are ENTIRELY about "I want to look like William Joseph Naughtybottom," protestations about the accessibility of your map & compass notwithstanding.

Any commander who allows the latter is paying lip service to the core values.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Luis R. Ramos

A2-

If you do not mind my correction, he has 10 pockets. If he wears a BDU, 4 on top and 6 below. Plenty. And I am not betting against you on him now adding "we are not supposed to put things on pockets..."

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

800bestofcap

Can no one take a joke? And the Raid modified uniforms are hard to spot, seeing as they are camouflage.
C/MSgt

Eclipse

Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 09:04:10 PM
Can no one take a joke? And the Raid modified uniforms are hard to spot, seeing as they are camouflage.

Yes, when we hear one.

You can't even let this go when you're trying to back peddle.  Consider that you felt it was important to make it known
that you understand what "Raid modified" uniforms are.

"That Others May Zoom"

NC Hokie

C/MSgt 800bestofcap,

I know for a fact that at least one of the wing/region staff members named in this thread has a CAP Talk account, and I know of several other high-ranking wing/region members that regularly read and post here. Because of this, I am certain that your squadron commander will be having an uncomfortable conversation with the Wing Commander or Chief of Staff, and that you will find yourself having a similarly uncomfortable conversation with one or more members of your chain of command.

My advice to you is to stand down, publically apologize for your behavior in this thread, and proactively contact your immediate superiors to explain the situation and offer assurances that it will not happen again.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

ol'fido

I came onto this thread late. Is it just me or does "800"'s syntax and style sound a lot like "c/Capt[Not] Obvious" from a couple of weeks ago. It's probably just me.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Eclipse

Quote from: ol'fido on February 21, 2013, 09:40:05 PM
I came onto this thread late. Is it just me or does "800"'s syntax and style sound a lot like "c/Capt[Not] Obvious" from a couple of weeks ago. It's probably just me.

It's probably just an age issue.  His initial posts included his name and unit, he's not the same cadet.

"That Others May Zoom"

FlyTiger77

From the very first post in this thread:
Quote from: 800bestofcap on February 21, 2013, 04:36:48 AM
I know I'm gunna [sic] catch grief about regs...

Foreshadowing: a literary device

AND the understatement was well-played!
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

sarmed1

So many thoughts.......

a-from a HMRS specific perspective: compass- every since I was a cadet we were/and always teach put it on a string around your neck.

b-Maps....mine fits really nice in that big pocket on my leg, or inside my shirt..... CAP/SAR/Military since 1989......

c-I too have a similar modified set of BDU's (or technically DCU's) they were specifically for deployable USAF use.  The most usuefull modification was I added lower leg pockets as well, and one of them was an accessible trauma shears pocket

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel