SAR and the Media.

Started by 1209, February 22, 2011, 02:17:29 AM

bosshawk

1209: I wasn't referring to you when I made the comment about young people not speaking or writing well.  In fact, I didn't even notice who made the errors: I was responding to a post made by someone whom I do know personally.

I stand by my comment that these days most young people do not speak or write to the standards that those of us who have been around a year or two were trained to do(even that is incorrect English).  It is after midnight and us old f-------s need our sleep.

Writing and speaking correctly are skills that are absolutely mandatory in the real world.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Flying Pig

Im still trying to figure out what news agency helicopter regularly interferes with out SARs?  ;D

Quote from: Flying Pig on February 23, 2011, 04:01:55 PM
Im still trying to figure out what news agency helicopter regularly interferes with out SARs?  ;D

all of them!!
bring back the old Ga wing patch

bosshawk

I don't recall news helicopters interferring with our SAR flying, mostly because they aren't interested in being where we normally search(read high mts).  I have seen times when private aircraft, including helicopters, were operating in our search areas and we had to suspend operations until they left.  Often, families hire aircraft and helicopters to help in the search for their loved ones, but the usual result is that the hired pilots have no idea how to interface with CAP and wind up causing a dangerous situation.  The usual CAP response is: when you guys finish, we'll get back to work.

5 days and counting.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

RiverAux

Should I ever become an IC, I will not be doing that.  I will be calling FAA for a TFR (if the search area is reasonably small enough for that to be practical).

Flying Pig

Quote from: bosshawk on February 24, 2011, 01:11:16 AM
I don't recall news helicopters interferring with our SAR flying, mostly because they aren't interested in being where we normally search(read high mts).  I have seen times when private aircraft, including helicopters, were operating in our search areas and we had to suspend operations until they left.  Often, families hire aircraft and helicopters to help in the search for their loved ones, but the usual result is that the hired pilots have no idea how to interface with CAP and wind up causing a dangerous situation. The usual CAP response is: when you guys finish, we'll get back to work.

5 days and counting.

Or they try to interface and the CAP IC kicks them out of the office for merely asking a question.  And then they get told helicopters have no place in SAR.  No, I really didnt see or hear an IC do any of that. ::)

bosshawk

Sure you did, Rob and I know who the IC was.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777