Main Menu

UDF SQTR

Started by Hill CAP, February 14, 2010, 06:09:58 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: heliodoc on February 16, 2010, 03:22:02 PM
I'd like to have a CAP that had a real training program after 30 years and one that would be STANDARDIZED

I'd like to have a CAP that could be modeled after other volunteer organizations

I'd like to have a CAP that would give those squadrons the 5 solid members rather than the 25 pulling the volunteer card

I'd like for CAP to be a paid first response organization with one uniform

I'd like CAP to be more in tune with the real world

I'd like for someone who obviously hates CAP so much and has nothing better to do than drop trolls on this message board to just quit CAP and go bother someone else.

"That Others May Zoom"

heliodoc

^^

Got u spooled up , Eclipse?

I seem to to do pretty well in CAP and do not over analyze all the little issues in CAP

AGAIN CAP is a civilian VOLUNTEER organization.  We get what we get and UNTIL we are the military, have people on the same sheets of music nationwide (pipe dream).  No one is ever going to be happy, myself included.

Lotso experts to gain knowledge from here on CAPTalk especially all the interpretations of SQTR's, Integrity, and the ever reliable RTFM which plenty-o-folk here seem not to get

I am still having fun, here, Eclipse, oh Supreme CAP Commander!! >:D >:D >:D >:D

Eclipse

You can answer the questions or provide information without every comment you make being a political comment on the
state of CAP, and how every other organization in the world has their act together better than CAP.

There's simply no point to it, in many cases you're simply incorrect, and your constant use of the wildfire service as
some sort of shining example doesn't even hold up.  Thank you to PBS for re-running their special on fires this weekend,
which showed that these hard-working, paid professionals have the same challenges of proficiency (i.e. we're rusty), logistics (where's the stuff we need), manpower (we don't have enough people), and command and coordination (left hand and right hand don't know what they are doing), and these are paid, experienced professionals.

CAP does a pretty good job with the resources the have filling their personal niche, and we don't need naysayers like you
with an ax to grind throwing up our limitations at every question.

"That Others May Zoom"

heliodoc

Yep

In wildfire we have our problems as you say

Am i simply incorrect?   Cite Please! As  I see there are plenty of folks around here do not have a firm grasp of the SQTRs and all the pro CAP SAR think they got a corner on integrity...plenty of organizations have the problem.

There are more than a few folks pointing out to CAPers that they themselves need to RTFM.  Is that naysaying. Or does CAP just say it OK for "interpretations" to become lack of RTFM and progress into the slapping the Integrity card.

I have RTFM and offered a few suggestions. 

Apparently CAPers can not take a few or more than a few hard knocks at their beloved organization.  I do know plenty of volunteer orgs get their knocks.  CAP got my interest because of the inordinate amount of time and bellyachin about all the ICS courses.  They (CAP) were JUST like some of the VFD's WHINING about why and the time needed to do "all that stuff."

CAP really needs some in organizational criticism....after all its the only AAR CAP really is good at functioning at!!  'Cuz I do not see too many AAR's on LLIS.gov yet >:D

CAP has not changed in 30 yrs and like I said I still train folks to the"taskbook" standard.  You can keep calling me a naysayer, Eclipse,

Sometimes you take things about CAP waay too personal

Eclipse

Perhaps you are confusing "CAPTalk" with "CAP".

As has been pointed out regularly, the demographic and level or minutia here do not reflect the general membership population.

"That Others May Zoom"

heliodoc

Short Field

Quote from: JoeTomasone on February 16, 2010, 02:55:10 PM
No actual airfield required.
Then he has no training problem.  Just follow the task guide and you will train to standard.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640