New Ops Quals System

Started by Eclipse, February 03, 2010, 03:11:03 AM

JoeTomasone

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on February 04, 2010, 06:49:13 AM
Quote from: JoeTomasone on February 04, 2010, 06:31:23 AM
It's really just a way to help keep honest people honest by reminding them that the paper they completed is being retained.
So much for a paperless CAP.

Well, OK, if you're asking how I would do it paperlessly:

1. Member is evaluated on a task.
2. Member inputs date of evaluation and CAPID of evaluator into OpsQuals
3. Evaluator gets an eServices request to approve tasks.  This confirms that the evaluator did perform the evaluation.
4. When all tasks are complete, unit ES Officer approves, and it goes to Group/Wing as it does now.

If there is ever a question as to the skill set of the member, the CAPID of the person evaluating the member is on file and confimed by that person.

If the evaluator does not approve the task (meaning that they did not evaluate the member or that the member did not pass), then an email is sent to the evaluator, member, member's unit CC, and the unit and higher echelon ES Officer - and the member can be questioned as to why they made the Ops Quals entry.

This procedure would:

1. Put positive confirmation on who evaluated each task, therefore providing accountability.

2. Eliminate the need for the SQTR (unless the member wanted to track qualification progress, but it would not be required)

3. Speed up the approval process by eliminating the evaluation checks at each echelon

4. Prevent the possibility of "phantom approvals" where a unit ES officer colludes with a member and merely approves the SQTR that may have been filled out with completely random CAPIDs.

Neo001

Quote from: JROB on February 03, 2010, 05:41:18 AM
Also Trainee Status is no longer indicated

Trainee Status is on 101 and when entering Single Person.....

Al Sayre

Just noticed that "Missing NIMS Quals"report is all messed up.  All my ICS stuff is gone, and so is almost everyones in the Wing.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Mine is there in the single-person, and interestingly it says the WMU is the source for most data.

The reports module says its down for maintenance.

"That Others May Zoom"