CERT Liaison

Started by Smithsonia, September 17, 2009, 07:23:09 PM

KyCAP

Quote from: RiverAux on September 22, 2009, 12:09:34 AM
Although I consider myself pretty experienced in mission staff work, even I would have hestiated to step in at such a high level role for another agency in a different state.  Heck, it would take me 3 days just to learn where the bathroom is. 

Call me in to run a CAP mission, sure, but I'm not sure that having the generic ICS training is really enough to fully take over a lead position like that.
This is why that when I passed the request to the NOC we were very specific in "experienced" staff.   I am sure that there are SOME members who ARE County Emergency Managers in other wings who would have no problems with filling the role.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

RiverAux

I wouldn't be sure of that at all.  I know that in my wing none of our CAP mission staff (and we have a pretty good group) have any non-CAP civilian ES experience at that level and I can only think of a few other members of the Wing who would even come close. 

Bringing this back closer to the actual topic, working with CERT teams and the other civilian ES agencies in joint exercises could eventually give some CAP members this sort of experience. 

Smithsonia

RiverAux;
You are quite right. We are a little like the mute man who know only sign language trying to talk to the blind man who know only Braille. Neither of us are fools. Neither us are stupid. There is a way each can communicate with the other, but we must figure out the right way. We must -- the Air Force tells us so. And, so we must begin now to work together.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN