SQTR Validation

Started by EMT-83, August 01, 2012, 02:41:18 AM

Garibaldi

OPINION:

The mission number slot is for a training mission number. the sign-off slots at the bottom are for trainingmission numbers or SAREX numbers. You can input task completion dates without training mission numbers but not the SQTR sign-off. Just to cover my tail, I always get a training number from Wing when we train.

/OPINION
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

EMT-83

There is no reason why the mission number slot has to filled with be a "training mission" or SAREX number. It can be any mission number where the task was evaluated by the SET, including an actual mission.

Obtaining a mission number for all tasks completed isn't a horrible idea; it's just not necessary. The presence of mission number doesn't make the training any more (or less) valid than without.

Garibaldi

Quote from: EMT-83 on September 20, 2012, 02:46:24 PM
There is no reason why the mission number slot has to filled with be a "training mission" or SAREX number. It can be any mission number where the task was evaluated by the SET, including an actual mission.

Obtaining a mission number for all tasks completed isn't a horrible idea; it's just not necessary. The presence of mission number doesn't make the training any more (or less) valid than without.

Personally, I don't have time to train folks on an actual mission. If you can train during a mission, great. I must have adult ADD or something. And you're right; I've been going round and round with my training officer about the necessity of a mission number for training. I don't think we should, she thinks the opposite and I can't quite find a reason to disagree.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

RMW14

Unfortunately, all of my current sign offs have been on training missions/SAREX's. Being a fll time college student and working full time, I normaly can't make it to NSAR of Hawk during the summer.
Ryan Weir Capt
Emergency Services Officer Jesse Jones Composite Squadron 304
Expert Ranger #274
NASAR SARTECH 1 Lead Evaluator/ WEMT
CD PAWG Central
AOBD,GBD,GTL, GTM1, UDF, MO, MS, MRO, AP