SQTR Validation

Started by EMT-83, August 01, 2012, 02:41:18 AM

Eclipse

Quote from: EMT-83 on August 01, 2012, 04:25:25 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2012, 04:07:57 AM
So is everyone "NOT eligible for now?"

I have some that show IS eligible. Can't find any rhyme or reason.

Ugh - doing this piecemeal only makes it harder...

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

I just looked at my stuff, and I have several tasks that have cross-populated into achievements that I have no approvals in.

I can't make any sense out of the SET business, especially when a couple of the more recent "NOT Eligible" ones were signed of by someone I'm very sure was qual'd at the time.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JaL5597

I am seriously confused.  My squadron commander is coming up as not eligible for the commanders block.  At least I was warned that after it taking 4 months to get my qualifications back I could look at them getting pulled again this fall.  Now I know why... 

EMT-83

There are obviously bugs, but validations are still being posted and no qualifications are being pulled.

Eclipse

So at this point, all we know is that there was a RSS release on this, but what it actually does is TBD.

No idea whether cross-taskings are effected, and those SQTR entries appear to do nothing.

Ed Bos - any chance you can find Lt Col Desmaris while you guys are still down there and get some detail?

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2012, 03:58:25 AM

This looks to me like exactly what we're looking for, what they can be an SET for, and if they were current.
Maybe the first one isn't implemented yet?

Whatever this was / is, it appears to have been rolled back as it is no longer appearing as above.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I just discovered that I did not get my former commander's signature on the paper SQTRS where it says "Commander approval for familiarization tasks." I have almost completed other tasks. Will I have to redo all tasks I have approved now? Can I have my current commander sign off here? There will be a date discrepancy, having this commander signing the preparatory tasks after approving other advanced tasks, for example.

Flyer333555
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

If they were validated online, then there's no point in revisiting it. If they weren't, then it depends on your wing's SOP as to whether they are acceptable.

"That Others May Zoom"

old141pilot

The oritinal statement was:

"The SQTR page of Operations Qualifications now requires all perquisites(sic) tasks to be completed before submitting any new tasks."

I attended NESA and took the Scanner and Observer courses in sequence.  Neither of these was posted to SQTR until 5 days after I left the school and neither have yet been approved by WHQ.  By looking at SQTR it appears that the Observer prerequisite of Scanner may have been accepted, at least as "Training".  However, by strict application of the statement above, no Tasks should have been accepted for Observer until after the Wing approves the Scanner tasks.

It seems SQRT is doing things differently than the statement would suggest.  I think the statement above needs to be clarified.

husker

Don't use NESA as an example of how this will work long term.  NESA uses a back end .xml upload that operates much differently than someone actually typing the task information into OpsQuals.  There are a number of "quirks" in the system that NESA staff uses to upload tasks.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Spaceman3750

Quote from: quietbirdman on August 14, 2012, 06:09:43 PM
The oritinal statement was:

"The SQTR page of Operations Qualifications now requires all perquisites(sic) tasks to be completed before submitting any new tasks."

I attended NESA and took the Scanner and Observer courses in sequence.  Neither of these was posted to SQTR until 5 days after I left the school and neither have yet been approved by WHQ.  By looking at SQTR it appears that the Observer prerequisite of Scanner may have been accepted, at least as "Training".  However, by strict application of the statement above, no Tasks should have been accepted for Observer until after the Wing approves the Scanner tasks.

It seems SQRT is doing things differently than the statement would suggest.  I think the statement above needs to be clarified.

Normally NESA quals do not go through wing - they are approved at the national level by the activity director.

JeffDG

Quote from: flyer333555 on August 10, 2012, 09:51:49 PM
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I just discovered that I did not get my former commander's signature on the paper SQTRS where it says "Commander approval for familiarization tasks." I have almost completed other tasks. Will I have to redo all tasks I have approved now? Can I have my current commander sign off here? There will be a date discrepancy, having this commander signing the preparatory tasks after approving other advanced tasks, for example.

Flyer333555

If I get something like that at the Wing level for approval, I'll generally kick back an e-mail to the member and commander to see if something was mis-dated, or if a commander had verbally approved participation.

I don't see the point of the reg getting ink on paper, but in seeking and obtaining the commander's approval.  If the Commander tells me everything's cool, I'm good with that.

Eclipse

Your current commander needs to approve your participation in anything you do, including ES.

That approval has to be substantiated not only for you, but for higher HQ, inspections, and investigations.

That's why it has to be revalidated on a regular basis.

"That Others May Zoom"

RMW14

I did not want to start a new thread since this question (s) is/are similar to questions that have been asked above. I understand that the system wants a person to complete the prerequisites before continuing training.

As I am working through both my mission scanner (everything signed off and approved) and starting my mission observer training, will the system reject the entries? I am asking because on my last sortie for MS, I started the in flight portion of the MO training since we were in the air and could kill two birds with one stone. The familiarizationpart I had infomally done before the sortie but in an effort to save time, the plan was to return to that at the next meeting and get the sign offs.

Also, do I have to have a mission number assigned to the familiarization training portion? It is all classroom/ pre-mission planning type things.

Thanks!
Ryan Weir Capt
Emergency Services Officer Jesse Jones Composite Squadron 304
Expert Ranger #274
NASAR SARTECH 1 Lead Evaluator/ WEMT
CD PAWG Central
AOBD,GBD,GTL, GTM1, UDF, MO, MS, MRO, AP

SarDragon

Quote from: RMW14 on September 20, 2012, 01:25:29 AM
I did not want to start a new thread since this question (s) is/are similar to questions that have been asked above. I understand that the system wants a person to complete the prerequisites before continuing training.

As I am working through both my mission scanner (everything signed off and approved) and starting my mission observer training, will the system reject the entries? I am asking because on my last sortie for MS, I started the in flight portion of the MO training since we were in the air and could kill two birds with one stone. The familiarizationpart I had infomally done before the sortie but in an effort to save time, the plan was to return to that at the next meeting and get the sign offs.

If your 101 shows you as a qualified MS, the MO SQTR should accept the fam & prep entries.

QuoteAlso, do I have to have a mission number assigned to the familiarization training portion? It is all classroom/ pre-mission planning type things.

Thanks!

No mission # needed.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: RMW14 on September 20, 2012, 01:25:29 AM
Also, do I have to have a mission number assigned to the familiarization training portion? It is all classroom/ pre-mission planning type things.

You actually can't, and that field should be removed from FAM/PREP.

You're not allowed to be at a mission until FAM/PREP is completed.

"That Others May Zoom"

RMW14

Ah ok. I never understood why the mission number slot was there for the pre-training parts?

I am still listed as a trainee MS on the MO sheet but the training was only completed this past weekend with the second training sortie that was required. I am guessing a further check off from a higher command is required?  eServices did accept the radio work and search pattern type things on the MO SQTR.
Ryan Weir Capt
Emergency Services Officer Jesse Jones Composite Squadron 304
Expert Ranger #274
NASAR SARTECH 1 Lead Evaluator/ WEMT
CD PAWG Central
AOBD,GBD,GTL, GTM1, UDF, MO, MS, MRO, AP

Eclipse

Quote from: RMW14 on September 20, 2012, 03:42:56 AM
Ah ok. I never understood why the mission number slot was there for the pre-training parts?
Probably a developer not totally familiar with the process or regs.

By the (recent) letter of the regs, advanced tasks should no longer be allowed until FAM/Prep is completed and
approved, however we've received no word on how this effects cross-rating tasks where you might be working on
one rating and it gives you credit across several.

Quote from: RMW14 on September 20, 2012, 03:42:56 AM
I am still listed as a trainee MS on the MO sheet but the training was only completed this past weekend with the second training sortie that was required. I am guessing a further check off from a higher command is required?  eServices did accept the radio work and search pattern type things on the MO SQTR.

Your commander or his designate will need to review and approve the upgrades and submit the rating up the chain.
For better or worse, eServices will accept just about anything you enter, and the validation has to be done manually.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

I don't know Why the mission number slot is there either, but it's on all tasks for all the Gt SQTRs. I do like it though. If there is a mission number, hopefully it is a training number, it can help track down where things happened if there are any problems with their SQTRs, or with someone else's SQTRs, and they took their task evaluations at the same exercise. So, I try to get as many of them in there as possible.

Eclipse

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 20, 2012, 04:18:41 AM
I don't know Why the mission number slot is there either, but it's on all tasks for all the Gt SQTRs. I do like it though. If there is a mission number, hopefully it is a training number, it can help track down where things happened if there are any problems with their SQTRs, or with someone else's SQTRs, and they took their task evaluations at the same exercise. So, I try to get as many of them in there as possible.

Don't get me wrong - I prefer people use it, it's just that it doesn't belong on the FAM/PREP tasks.

"That Others May Zoom"