SQTR Validation

Started by EMT-83, August 01, 2012, 02:41:18 AM

EMT-83

Anyone notice the box that pops up when you hover over a task now includes wording that the evaluator was (or was not) eligible to evaluate on the date listed?

I'm wondering how that eligibility is determined. A good number of my GTL, GBD and AOBD tasks are coming up as not eligible to evaluate on the date listed, and I know darned well that they are.

Eclipse

That changed on 23 July. 

"The SQTR page of Operations Qualifications now requires all perquisites(sic) tasks to be completed before submitting any new tasks."

We were (are) still trying to determine what that meant from a practical perspective.

Presumably, you have to have completed the SET exam, be current and qualified yourself (for a calendar year), and be Safety current, etc.

I had sent one of my staff to NESA with a laundry list of questions for Lt Col Desmaris, and this was one of them, but unfortunately he was too busy
to get button-holed.

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

We found out about this while trying to enter some training tasks during our EAA mission.  It means that you now have to complete things in order: Prerequisites - Commander's Approval - Fam & Prep - Commander's Approval - Advanced Training + Missions.

In the past you could more or less pencil whip it and put in tasks anywhere on the SQTR regardless of whether or not the lower tasks have been completed or not.  For example, there was nothing stopping you from entering "Move as Part of a Search Line" (an advanced task) for GTM3 before having completed all of the Fam & Prep tasks and commander's approvals.  Also, in the past you could enter tasks for GTM2 or GTM1 before a single thing had ever been entered on GTM3.

Basically, they've made OpsQuals conform to the regs. Reference CAPR 60-3, 2-3. Specialty Rating Requirements and Performance Standards

Eclipse

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 01, 2012, 02:58:23 AM
Basically, they've made OpsQuals conform to the regs. Reference CAPR 60-3, 2-3. Specialty Rating Requirements and Performance Standards

Understood, and good on them, but what does that mean for stuff that cross-validates on multiple SQTRS?  Will the ratings w/o FAM/Prep
completed no longer accept that sign-off?

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2012, 03:05:24 AM

Understood, and good on them, but what does that mean for stuff that cross-validates on multiple SQTRS?  Will the ratings w/o FAM/Prep

Example?

Eclipse

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 01, 2012, 03:09:04 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2012, 03:05:24 AM

Example?

P-0101 (keep a log) is on UDF, GT3, MSA & MS.  You could be fam / prepped for UDF but not for MS.   In the olde days it would show everywhere.

BCUT is on UDF, GT3, FLM, MSA & MO

Last time i did the math (which was a while ago), there were about 15 or 20 tasks which appear on more than one SQTR.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

We found out about this while trying to enter some training tasks during our EAA mission.  It means that you now have to complete things in order: Prerequisites - Commander's Approval - Fam & Prep - Commander's Approval - Advanced Training + Missions.

In the past you could more or less pencil whip it and put in tasks anywhere on the SQTR regardless of whether or not the lower tasks have been completed or not.  For example, there was nothing stopping you from entering "Move as Part of a Search Line" (an advanced task) for GTM3 before having completed all of the Fam & Prep tasks and commander's approvals.  Also, in the past you could enter tasks for GTM2 or GTM1 before a single thing had ever been entered on GTM3.

Turkal...Turkal...why do I know that name...
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

♠SARKID♠

Roger, just did an experiment.  One of my cadets is GTM2, but not 18 so he can't be a GTL.  I cleared his task out for "Setup Shelter", one that is on both SQTRs, from his record so that it didn't show up on either rating.  When I re-entered it onto his GTM2 it automatically populated to GTL even though he hasn't completed the prereqs for that rating.

It seems that the tasks will cross-validate to higher ratings, even if the higher rating doesn't have its prereqs/fam&prep/etc complete.

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 01, 2012, 03:18:05 AM

I'm MESS, that might be why  :) . According to your sig I wasn't around when you were though.

Garibaldi

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 01, 2012, 03:20:00 AM
Roger, just did an experiment.  One of my cadets is GTM2, but not 18 so he can't be a GTL.  I cleared his task out for "Setup Shelter", one that is on both SQTRs, from his record so that it didn't show up on either rating.  When I re-entered it onto his GTM2 it automatically populated to GTL even though he hasn't completed the prereqs for that rating.

It seems that the tasks will cross-validate to higher ratings, even if the higher rating doesn't have its prereqs/fam&prep/etc complete.

Quote from: Garibaldi on August 01, 2012, 03:18:05 AM

I'm MESS, that might be why  :) . According to your sig I wasn't around when you were though.

HA! I knew it!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

OK, I am in eServices right now and I see an example, and I >like< it, but it is going to cause all manner of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

An SET has to be fully qualified on the date of the evaluation.  If they aren't, the system flags it.  If an SET was waiting renewal, late in his safety,
or maybe his own qual lapsed, then they were >not< qualified at that time to be an SET.

As the reality of this creeps into the collective consciousness, there will be blood...

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2012, 03:24:22 AM
OK, I am in eServices right now and I see an example, and I >like< it, but it is going to cause all manner of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

An SET has to be fully qualified on the date of the evaluation.  If they aren't, the system flags it.  If an SET was waiting renewal, late in his safety,
or maybe his own qual lapsed, then they were >not< qualified at that time to be an SET.

As the reality of this creeps into the collective consciousness, there will be blood...

Its one of those things that we know is right, but we're disappointed to have lost the back door that we've had available for so long.

EMT-83

I just went back in and took a closer look. Tasks were completed in the proper order, evaluators meet all requirements.

Shows not eligible to evaluate for three different evaluators, one of them the Wing ESO. Interesting.

Eclipse

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 01, 2012, 03:29:06 AM
Its one of those things that we know is right, but we're disappointed to have lost the back door that we've had available for so long.

Agreed - it also has a line for - Skills appt. 

Is there a system to appoint people as specific evaluators that I don't know about?

(Please say yes).

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2012, 03:38:03 AM

Is there a system to appoint people as specific evaluators that I don't know about?

(Please say yes).

Not sure, where do you see that?  I'm an ESO so I might not need to be designated like that.

Eclipse

This looks to me like exactly what we're looking for, what they can be an SET for, and if they were current.
Maybe the first one isn't implemented yet?

"That Others May Zoom"

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on August 01, 2012, 03:40:08 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2012, 03:38:03 AM

(Please say yes).

Not sure, where do you see that?  I'm an ESO so I might not need to be designated like that.

Just found it before you posted.

The only Appointments I know of in OpsQuals would be for Pilot ratings and FROs (primary left toolbar).  Though when I look at a task evaluated by an individual who has pilot appointments, the pop up doesn't change to reflect that.

Eclipse

So is everyone "NOT eligible for now?"

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on August 01, 2012, 04:07:57 AM

Once upon a time I remember seeing reference to some kind of SET appointment module in ops qual but haven't seen it since.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 01, 2012, 04:09:25 AM

Once upon a time I remember seeing reference to some kind of SET appointment module in ops qual but haven't seen it since.

Was due in Feb, no release date yet.

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

I have some that show IS eligible. Can't find any rhyme or reason.