Pesidential Declared Disasters

Started by ammotrucker, February 05, 2011, 04:40:19 AM

RiverAux

Quote from: lordmonar on February 07, 2011, 10:47:16 PM
I would suggest that we ditch the DR ribbon as it is now (just for getting the training and working on exercises) and just award the DR ribbon for actual work on actual disasters whether they are Presdentally declared or not. 

Just let NHQ make the call on how big the "disaster" has to be to warrent the ribbon.
They need to seriously revamp the criteria for that award anyway and I'd tend to agree with the idea that it should only be given out for actual missions like the Air SAR ribbon. 

wacapgh

Quote from: lordmonar on February 07, 2011, 10:47:16 PM
I would suggest that we ditch the DR ribbon as it is now (just for getting the training and working on exercises) and just award the DR ribbon for actual work on actual disasters whether they are Presdentally declared or not. 

Just let NHQ make the call on how big the "disaster" has to be to warrent the ribbon.

Which would almost be a return to the criteria for what this ribbon was previously used for - "Civil Defence". Same ribbon with a silver "CD Triangle" device (the thing our logo is based on  ;D). It was awarded after participation in either three or five "CDX"s. Had it as a cadet, lost it during a break in membership when they deleted it, rejoined and got it back on a PDDA mission.

starshippe

. . if thats a bronze v, shouldn't it be changed out for a silver v?

just askin, in the spirit of nit pickin',
bill

wacapgh

'twas accurate at the time the graphic was created  ;D