Suffolk County Tests Traffic Enforcement Plane

Started by JayT, June 19, 2010, 11:04:16 PM

a2capt

Start a database of S mode serial numbers and registered tail numbers ...

I guess I could make an App for That .. ;-)

Feed them out via data port ..

Okay, so all of this - yes, expense and development, it's probably easier to just PAY the ticket, but better to .. shall we say it again, "obey the law" ;-) bah. I know.

Okay, so near an airport, suffice to say that the likeliness of an enforcement aircraft operating would be not the smartest thing to be doing at enforcement altitude most likely being similar to pattern altitude I can't think of a good reason to be doing this at all :)

Along side the rural interstate, picking up a return with a heading in parallel with the roadway and say, 1000 AGL?  I'd say there's a good chance it's a bear in the air. Unless your in line with O.J. fleeing ..

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on June 21, 2010, 02:19:54 PM
Okay, so near an airport, suffice to say that the likeliness of an enforcement aircraft operating would be not the smartest thing to be doing at enforcement altitude most likely being similar to pattern altitude I can't think of a good reason to be doing this at all

There's a major interchange West of ORD, right on the flight path to 9R, the I355-290 split.

ISP airplanes circle it all the time.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

SarDragon

Thank you, Bob. I have a hat that says that, too.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Flying Pig

I didnt mean you specifically. Just "you guys" as a generality ;D

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired