2011 National Conference & 70th Anniversary Theme/Logo Contest

Started by CAP Producer, December 29, 2010, 03:47:29 PM

a2capt

Okay, how many of you submitted the original logo, that caused someone to get frustrated, and nuke the whole inbox?

JC004

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on January 15, 2011, 09:23:20 PM
Quote from: JC004 on January 14, 2011, 10:03:00 PM
FAIL.

Cloud computing fail.

Backup fail.  I back up my organization's data in 3 different places, in different parts of the country.

James Shaw

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Pylon

James Shaw

Jim Shaw

Major Carrales

How about producing some old school 1940s era replica hat devices?  I know I would buy one. 
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

James Shaw

Quote from: CAP Producer on December 29, 2010, 03:47:29 PM
The following E-mail went out to CAP's Wing and Region PAOs. Please help spread the word about this contest!

QuoteGreetings,

CAP is looking for your help and creativity!

We invite you to submit your idea for a theme and/or a logo for the 2011 National Conference that will be held in Louisville, Ky., Aug. 17-20, as well as for the 70th anniversary of CAP's founding. The challenge is to tie your National Conference theme/logo to CAP's 70th anniversary, which will also be celebrated in 2011.

Please e-mail your entry to paa@capnhq.gov no later than Feb. 1, 2011. Please type "theme/logo" in the subject line of the e-mail and include your full name, rank, CAPID, full mailing address and e-mail address in your entry.
This contest is open to all CAP members.

Members with winning entries will receive a free registration to the 2011 National Conference.The 2011 theme and logo will be announced on the VolunteerNow website, http://www.capvolunteernow.com, by April 15.

Happy New Year and good luck!

Regards,

Steve Cox
Public Affairs Manager
Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters

Are they supposed to be acknowledging those who submit? I see the cutoff date is the 15th but I do not see antying about "formal" acknowledgment of submissions.
Jim Shaw

Kojack

Quote from: caphistorian on February 05, 2011, 08:36:52 PM
Has anyone made a submission for this yet?

Yep!  The winning theme has already been submitted!   :angel:

James Shaw

Quote from: Kojack on February 14, 2011, 01:54:40 PM
Yep!  The winning theme has already been submitted!   :angel:

Yeah they allready told me I was wondering if they let the rest of you know!! ;D
Jim Shaw

a2capt

Thats really nice. Just like they let deadlines slip and slip thereby making them meaningless, in general, in CAP.. it would be just as well that they pick a winner early and ignore the rest of the submissions because they extended it to the 15th, but seem to have gone by the original date anyway.

James Shaw

Quote from: a2capt on February 14, 2011, 04:28:08 PM
Thats really nice. Just like they let deadlines slip and slip thereby making them meaningless, in general, in CAP.. it would be just as well that they pick a winner early and ignore the rest of the submissions because they extended it to the 15th, but seem to have gone by the original date anyway.

I am not sure if this is directed at me but mine was a response to a joke that someone else posted. I have not received any notice or anything else for that fact about my submission. That is why I was asking. I know the people at NHQ have more integrity than that. I have not seen nor heard of any reason to suspect that they have changed the dates or anything else having to do with this contest.
Jim Shaw

CAP Producer

114 entries have been recieved by NHQ and they will be judged in the coming weeks. BTW today is the final day they are accepting entries.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

a2capt

Should be tomorrow, not today, according to the note posted.
QuotePlease e-mail your entry to paa@capnhq.gov no later than Feb. 15, 2011. Please type "theme/logo" in the subject line of the e-mail and include your full name, rank, CAPID, full mailing address and e-mail address in your entry.

BuckeyeDEJ

So we're into the last of March, and no word yet on a wiener. Bueller? Bueller?  ;D

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

BillB

From what I hear, the decision has been made,  but not yet announced.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

davidsinn

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on March 31, 2011, 04:48:07 AM
So we're into the last of March, and no word yet on a wiener. Bueller? Bueller?  ;D

This monstrosity was in my email this morning. Is this the logo?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

vento

Quote from: davidsinn on March 31, 2011, 02:07:11 PM
Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on March 31, 2011, 04:48:07 AM
This monstrosity was in my email this morning. Is this the logo?

It has The Triangle Thingy, so it must be the winning entry chosen by our professional rule abiding impartial judges...  >:D

Pylon

This is the best compelling reason yet for adding an "actively vomiting" smiley to the site's assortment.