2010 North East Region Conference

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 16, 2010, 03:09:00 AM

RADIOMAN015

See:  http://www.ner.cap.gov/conference/
To be held on 11/12/2010 to 11/14/2010, in Lemonister, MA (north, northwest of Boston).
$300.00 for 2 nights, breakfast, lunch, banquet, & registration.
Registration to attend meetings only $15.00.

Thinking about going up for the day but it's close to 3 hour drive (depending upon weather conditions)  from my neck of the woods.  Probably bring a ham & cheese sandwich in a cooler and just eat it in one of the meeting rooms.
Should be very exciting ::)
RM   

EMT-83

Can't decide whether or not to attend; it's about a two-hour ride for me. I thought that I saw something before about a day trip into Boston for cadets, but can't find it now.

Patterson

2 Hours....that's far!  Would you like to trade my 15?? 

I thought I heard something about a trip to Boston for Cadets as well.

DBlair

Quote from: Patterson on September 16, 2010, 03:28:56 AM
2 Hours....that's far!  Would you like to trade my 15?? 

It seems everything down here in FL involves a few hour drive. I miss it back home. lol
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

NIN

Thats right around the corner from my girlfriend's parent's house.  Its about an hour and change for me.  Not that I'm going, of course.

Watch out, Pylon might make an appearance. If he gets his photo taken with you, and you have stars on your shoulder, its a proven fact that you'll lose the stars pretty quickly thereafter.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: NIN on September 16, 2010, 11:15:25 AM
Thats right around the corner from my girlfriend's parent's house.  Its about an hour and change for me.  Not that I'm going, of course.

Watch out, Pylon might make an appearance. If he gets his photo taken with you, and you have stars on your shoulder, its a proven fact that you'll lose the stars pretty quickly thereafter.

^^^ I have seen this image!

Pylon

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on September 16, 2010, 04:26:42 PM

Actually, it's happened twice.  Both General Officers I've been photographed with were later terminated.  One of them, later that same night.  Oddly, these also all have happened at NER Conferences.  Note to General officers:  Don't get photographed with me.   >:D

On topic:  I might actually make an appearance since it's in my neck of the woods.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

Mike Johnston

MSG Mac

Quote from: Pylon on September 16, 2010, 05:40:28 PM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on September 16, 2010, 04:26:42 PM

Actually, it's happened twice.  Both General Officers I've been photographed with were later terminated.  One of them, later that same night.  Oddly, these also all have happened at NER Conferences.  Note to General officers:  Don't get photographed with me.   >:D

On topic:  I might actually make an appearance since it's in my neck of the woods.

HAve you considered attending a National Conference??
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 16, 2010, 03:09:00 AM
To be held on 11/12/2010 to 11/14/2010, in Lemonister, MA (north, northwest of Boston).

Well they posted the uniform requirements:
http://www.ner.cap.gov/conference/2010%20NER%20CONFERENCE%20UNIFORMS.doc

Looks like I'll be passing on attending this activity.  I'm not going to  specially buy a CAP blazer (uniform) just for the sake of attending the general assembly.  Yet the training seminars just allow the use of the white aviator suit.

I wish them well in this activity

RM

Patterson

^  hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah  hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I guess someone got an imagine in their mind of what CAP should look like, and has not realized what CAP really is.

Business Casual seems fine though!  I would guess that would be acceptable at all events except the banquet where Business formal is warranted??

DBlair

Having just read the uniform document RadioMan posted above, I have to admit I chuckled a bit at the fact that the word "blouse" is used incorrectly in place of "Service Coat" throughout the document. It really is disappointing that even a Region-level activity allowed this to pass without raising any eyebrows.

Patterson

^ Nice!  I missed that.....too caught up on the fact that someone is actually dictating what uniforms to wear, I would think just getting members to the conference would be a tough enough task!

How come the NER Conference is never in PA Wing??  I did a quick search here and saw that since 2005 it has always been in the same general area, say for the time it was at West Point. 

Strikes me as odd that NY and PA Wings are not the major players in Region activities, even though just one of them is larger than the rest combined!! 

RVT

Quote from: DBlair on September 25, 2010, 08:36:06 PM
Having just read the uniform document RadioMan posted above, I have to admit I chuckled a bit at the fact that the word "blouse" is used incorrectly in place of "Service Coat" throughout the document. It really is disappointing that even a Region-level activity allowed this to pass without raising any eyebrows.

It should be "Tunic", maybe?

MIKE

Quote from: m-w.com1blouse
noun \ˈblau̇s also ˈblau̇z\
plural blous·es\ˈblau̇-səz, -zəz\
Definition of BLOUSE
a : a long loose overgarment that resembles a shirt or smock and is worn especially by workmen, artists, and peasants b : the jacket of a uniform
: a usually loose-fitting garment especially for women that covers the body from the neck to the waist
— blousy\ˈblau̇-sē, -zē\ adjective
Examples of BLOUSE

1. She wore a blouse and a skirt to work.

Origin of BLOUSE
French
First Known Use: 1823
Mike Johnston

Custer

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 25, 2010, 05:06:25 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 16, 2010, 03:09:00 AM

Well they posted the uniform requirements:
http://www.ner.cap.gov/conference/2010%20NER%20CONFERENCE%20UNIFORMS.doc

Looks like I'll be passing on attending this activity.  I'm not going to  specially buy a CAP blazer (uniform) just for the sake of attending the general assembly.  Yet the training seminars just allow the use of the white aviator suit.
RM

I would assume if you are far enough along that you need to attend a Regional conference you can splurge $26 for one of these, and another $19 for the patch & Nametag from Vanguard. http://www.uniformswarehouse.com/prostores/servlet/-strse-925/Professional-Blazer--dsh--Navy/Detail.  It essentially IS the service coat for the aviator whites.  And its not like you won't ever be able to wear it again anywhere else.  You never have any occasion to wear anything formal?

DBlair

My comment was regarding the USAF blue uniform Service Coat (the actual name) being called a blouse, not regarding the blazer uniform. My guess is that the person who wrote that guide was thinking of BDUs as the top piece in that uniform is called a blouse.

While civilian blazers can be purchased at all price points, the USAF Service Coat is usually much more expensive, so if someone doesn't have a Service Coat, I'm guessing the blazer combination would probably end up their best bet.

SarDragon

Back in the day, WIWAC, we called the jacket for the Service dress uniform a blouse. It, like other terminology, has been carried over by folks who learned it that way, and see no reason to change.

As for blazers, I got a very nice from Haggar for about $30 a while back, and it has done well for me.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RADIOMAN015

Wow ;D, the website uniform requirements were updated and now allow the use of the Golf Shirt for both the general assembly and the workshops in the afternoon.
http://www.ner.cap.gov/conference/2010_NER_CONFERENCE_UNIFORMS_28Sept%20Update.doc

What a great CIVIL Air Patrol conference this is going to be.... Maybe I will go --- The Golf shirt uniform would sure be more comfortable.
HOWEVER, the letter put out by NER/CC doesn't show any Communications seminars.
RM