2010 North Central Region Conference

Started by CAP Producer, September 15, 2010, 07:05:14 PM

CAP Producer

Our conference this year will be at the Holiday Inn-Northwest in Des Moines, IA from October 15-17.  Our Region website, http://ncr.cap.gov has more information and on-line registration.

Here is a direct link to the Online Registration site. http://guest.cvent.com/d/xdqv35/1Q

Why should you attend the North Central Region conference?  The conference is a time for CAP members from the Region to meet other members from the seven Wings of the Region, members of the Civil Air Patrol-United States Air Force (CAP-USAF) team, from our National Headquarters and our National leadership.  It's also a chance to learn what has been happening in the Region and what is planned for the future.

For Senior Members, we have learning labs covering some of the areas experiencing changes and updated program information.  It will be a true learning experience.

Cadets have helped plan and organize a series of their own learning labs for the conference. The labs will help to update you on changes to the Cadet Program and a chance to have input on how to better the Cadet Program in the North Central Region and CAP.

The Dinner on Saturday evening will celebrate the achievements of our members, our Region and our organization.

The price for the entire day of activity including the buffet style Dinner Saturday night is just $32.00!  That is a real bargain to meet new friends, learn more about CAP and celebrate the great achievements you have been part of this past year.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

vmstan

MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

RickFranz

I'll see you there.  I hope to see more CAPTalker's there as well.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

bosshawk

$32 for an entire day plus dinner??????  It costs $30 just to register for the CAWG Conf: $100 for the whole conference plus $98 a night for a room.  No wonder the Wing is lucky to get 200 people out of over 3400.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Capt Rivera

Maj Pabon,

Is the $10 (or so) per night on base lodging available again this year?
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

CAP Producer

Yes, for cadets and their chaparones only. Please e-mail me for details.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: bosshawk on September 16, 2010, 10:06:26 PM
$32 for an entire day plus dinner??????  It costs $30 just to register for the CAWG Conf: $100 for the whole conference plus $98 a night for a room.  No wonder the Wing is lucky to get 200 people out of over 3400.

Especially when you factor in dry-cleaning costs!

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP Producer

Quote from: bosshawk on September 16, 2010, 10:06:26 PM

Paul,

NCR does a no frills conference that encourages member participation. We choose a central location in the region and focus on sharing information, recognizing our outstanding members and fellowship. It's a great event for cadets and seniors alike. We do this and keep the costs down for all. 

The hotel is about 90.00 a night and we have a low cost billeting option at an NG base for cadets with unit chaparones.

Saturday Night's dinner is buffett style and we have an all members reception on Friday night with a cash bar (free soda) and a very nice selection of appetizers. This really goes over well.

I have been helping to plan wing/region conferences for nearly 10 years and my focus has always been on keeping the costs down for our members while providing a quality program.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

NCRblues

Maj. Pabon,

I have an over 18 cadet that is wanting to attend the conference. She showed me a permission form that needs the mother, father, witness for mothers signature, and witness for fathers signature....

Couple of things, her parents are divorced and they are not on speaking terms so there is no way to get the mothers signature, plus she is over 18 so.....

Do we really need to have a WITNESS for the signatures?

Any help would be great, thanks.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

JC004

Over 18?  Why would they need a parent to sign, let alone both?  It's nice if the cadet lives with the parent(s) and you are confirming that they know about it, but legally, what's the difference?  If something happened that came down to law, the parental signature is irrelevant.  I used to write "N/A" over the parent boxes on the F31.  The first time, they freaked out.  Then the Legal Officer told them to stick it and it wasn't an issue.

NCRblues

post deleted due to problem being solved by the OP.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

MICT1362

This is the first post from the Conference.  I will try and update as tomorrow goes along.  Myself and NCRBlues will be out and about. Feel free to find us and chat.

RickFranz

Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

MICT1362

So, conference is going well, we are currently on break before the pre-dinner get together.  General assembly this morning went well.  Couldn't always hear who was speaking, but we got the idea.

Break out sessions (Learning Labs) have been okay, however there were no sessions specifically designed for Cadet Programs.  Seniors who work in Cadet Programs, were told they could attend the cadet activities.  So, we did, to an extent.  We attended some of both, learned a lot about award writing, got more confused about Health Services Officer info, and sat in on the Open Session of the Cadet Advisory Council.

The most interesting part of conference so far is all of the uniform malfunctions...  NCRBlues and myself have been trying to keep each other from exploding on some of the very, very bad uniform discrepancies.  Anyway, less about uniforms, more about conference.

Approximately 100 attendees here.  Mostly seniors, but I would say about 30 cadets or so.

Okay, I will give you more info after the awards ceremony.  If you are lucky, I will bring you an entire list of "winners".

-Paramedic

MICT1362

Okay, I will admit that I didn't bring back a list of winners.  I got a little caught up in a few things. 

I am very happy with the last award for the night.  For those of you who were there, it was a very moving.  The late Lt Col Philip Aye was a very large mentor to me.  He will be greatly missed! 

I am glad that I came, and I will contemplate returning the next time.

Signing off from NCR Conference 2010.

-Paramedic

RickFranz

It was a good conference.  I enjoyed seeing so many old friends and making some new ones.  The tribute to Phillip was very moving indeed.  It was nice to remember him and still shed a few more tears even a year after his passing.   
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

RickFranz

I almost forgot...

Al did a wonderful job of working the presentations on the big screen. 

He even wore a every nice uniform! 

Thanks NCR staff for all your hard work!
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1