Main Menu

Winter Board 2008

Started by CAP_truth, February 29, 2008, 02:58:07 PM

_

Ahh they gave them voting cards to hold up

jimmydeanno

I thought they were bidding cards to buy a seat on the NB... >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

_

"line of succession"

"national commander became unavailable to continue in his role"

♠SARKID♠

Whoever is breathing into the mic seriously needs to stop...

_

They're talking about letting the acting national commander be able to select a vice commander.  Talking about in now, voting tomorrow.

_

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on February 29, 2008, 07:30:10 PM
Whoever is breathing into the mic seriously needs to stop...
They have darth vader sitting in on the meeting

_

2 proposals

1: At the next NB meeting after commander is gone, voting would be held for new commander

2: line of succession would be set up in line with how it is for US presidency

chiles

I liked how the Option A Colonel states that the major reason to have voting is so they don't get stuck with the CV so they can elect a new person. That sounds like a loophole to me that'll allow someone to bail out two weeks before the winter board. Being a member of the bylaws committee doesn't present a conflict of interest but I think that option A presents the possibility of a conflict of interest and allows for somone to sneak into the position. Rank of general or not, the position is what really matters, isn't it?
Maj Christopher Hiles, MS, RN BSN, CAP
Commander
Ft McHenry Composite Squadron
Health Services Officer
Maryland Wing
Mitchell: 43417
Wilson: 2878

_

"both are equally acceptable" to constitution and bylaws committee

♠SARKID♠

Interesting options, as they say, both have their merits.

Grr...I'm starting to lose my stream...

arajca

_

_

suggesting nims compliance this year with ICS 100, 200, 300, 700, 800
ICS 400 by september next year

CAPSGT

oh no, the dreaded NIMS issue.  I can feel the heat off the flamethrowers from here on the other side of the Potomac River.
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

_

another suggestion to make requirement date Sept 2009 in line with federal government

jeders

Amendment changing NIMS compliance date to the federal mandate date, now apparently Dec '09.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

_

Quote from: CAPSGT on February 29, 2008, 07:48:25 PM
oh no, the dreaded NIMS issue.  I can feel the heat off the flamethrowers from here on the other side of the Potomac River.
considering the weather it ought to feel nice, I may come over your way

_

i don't fully understand what they mean but it looks like the date will be pushed back to the federal date, don't quote me on it

jeders

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on February 29, 2008, 07:57:11 PM
i don't fully understand what they mean but it looks like the date will be pushed back to the federal date, don't quote me on it

That's my understanding. Now there discussing an amendment about who has to take ICS 300 and 400
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

_

The NIMS wording has been amended twice, once dealing with dates and another with certain higher level quals that would have ICS 400 as a recommendation and not a requirement.