Main Menu

Semi-formal uniform

Started by AngelWings, August 03, 2011, 05:37:22 AM

AngelWings

Has anyone ever worn this uniform before? It seems to be non exsistant.

JC004

That is because it is for things like conference banquets.  You don't wear it randomly.  Yes, cadets wear it.

AlphaSigOU

Semi-formal uniform is for cadets only. (We seniors have to wear mess dress - if we're within weight standards - or the formal blazer combination.)

Two different versions: if you own the old-style four-pocket service dress jacket, you wear a white shirt and black bow tie. If you wear the current-style three-button jacket, you wear the regular blue tie with a white shirt. Nametags are not worn with either version of the semi-formal uniform.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Tim Medeiros

Back when I was a cadet, I wore it to every banquet I went to.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

Eclipse

There is also a senior-member semi-formal, which I wear all the time.

Blazer, dress shirt, bow tie, CAP bullion insignia (no name tag, so pocket protect it off!), your highest medal.

Perfect for banquets.

There is not, however, a semi-formal version of the CSU as I have seen in a few pics around the planet.

"That Others May Zoom"

AngelWings

Thank you all. I've seen it in CAPM-39-1 and AFI-36-2903 and thought it looked rather sharp.

jacob

Quote from: Eclipse on August 03, 2011, 02:18:11 PM
There is not, however, a semi-formal version of the CSU as I have seen in a few pics around the planet.

There actually is, although it will be phased out along with the CSU.

The last sentence of paragraph 3.d (Corporate Service Coat) of the 28JAN08 ICL reads: "This coat may also be worn with a black bow tie on formal occasions when the mess dress would be worn."

Since I don't see an instruction to remove the name tag when worn as such, I believe that makes this the only semi-formal variant to be worn with a name tag.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"