NCSA Review Board Questions

Started by koverman, January 16, 2018, 09:03:57 PM

koverman

I understand that each unit is different, but I would like to prepare for our Review Board.

What questions have you seen asked at the NCSA Review Boards?

TheSkyHornet

NCSA reviews aren't held at the unit level. You don't have a board at your squadron.

To my undertsanding, you don't have an in-person review either. I've had several cadets attend NCSAs over the past couple of years. They sent an application with a cover letter and CAP resume, and a few letters of recommendation. They sit around and wait to get the yes or no. No phone screens that I know of.

MSG Mac

Here in Maryland there is a Wing Board to decide who will get green lighted and you must attend. When I was in Florida Wing the NCSA's were combined with the Cadet of the Year (Airman, NCO, Junior Officer, and Senior Officer). It included a review board, mile run, and a written test.

Every Wing does it differently and by now your Wing should have already sent out notification about their process.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

BraveRifles19D

I know this is pretty after the fact, but specific questions are not to be discussed. And generally focusing on general knowledge would be helpful, as would knowing something about the activity that is being applied to.