Main Menu

CAP ITO Forum

Started by bitflipper, July 02, 2010, 05:31:50 AM

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

It takes a while but it comes up for me - last articles are from June.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on November 12, 2010, 10:52:54 PM
It takes a while but it comes up for me - last articles are from June.

That can be fixed!  We've got people who want to contribute right here...let's get rolling!

If you're having trouble, maybe try this:
http://74.52.154.114/capit/smf/index.php (I just resolved the civil-air-patrol.us address in case theres some funky DNS replication issue out there)...

Hmmm...just tried that and they must be using headers to select multiple HTTP directories...have to put the 74.52.154.114 in your %systemroot\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file (windows) or /etc/hosts in Linux.

FlyTiger77

Quote from: JeffDG on November 13, 2010, 12:42:05 AM
Hmmm...just tried that and they must be using headers to select multiple HTTP directories...have to put the 74.52.154.114 in your %systemroot\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file (windows) or /etc/hosts in Linux.

Well, gee, of course that is what you would do, Jeff. Doesn't EVERYBODY know to do that?!?!?!?

Full disclosure: You totally lost me after headers!
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on November 13, 2010, 12:49:37 AM

Well, gee, of course that is what you would do, Jeff. Doesn't EVERYBODY know to do that?!?!?!?

Full disclosure: You totally lost me after headers!
If everyone understood this stuff, y'all wouldn't need ITOs!  It's a form of encryption for non-IT folks!

jimmydeanno

It is the ITO forum.  I would suspect that most people accessing it would be able to do it!  >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

meganite

Ah, a rite of passage just to access the website? Clever.

JeffDG

Quote from: meganite on November 13, 2010, 02:21:08 AM
Ah, a rite of passage just to access the website? Clever.

It's a shibboleth for ITOs

meganite

Well, I'm just learning some of this stuff, so...  :-\

jeders

So this thread got me thinking about the requirements, and I sent a question into the knowledge base, and this is what I just got back.

Quote[Me],

The IT forums have been discontinued for some time now.  This is no longer considered a requirement for Technician rating.  Your unit commander should have no problem giving you the rating in the online system.  You can also give him a copy of this email for documentation that the forum requirement has been discontinued.  We have been meaning to get the IT pamphlet updated for some time, but due to other hot projects this has been delayed.  We will be working diligently to get this updated as soon as possible. Let me know if you have any further questions.     

Joseph Hall, Jr. , MCSD
Deputy Director of IT / HQ Civil Air Patrol

So yeah, National knows P227 is broken and is working at its usual pace to get it fixed. In the meantime, maybe the powers that be will see fit to create a board just for IT topics here.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse