Forum Proposal: Split uniforms and Awards into two different boards

Started by Eclipse, July 20, 2008, 04:57:12 PM

Eclipse

I would like to propose that we split the "uniforms and awards" sections into two different boards:

1) Uniforms Regulations & Answers
This would be a heavily moderated, "direct question / direct answer" board with the impetus on providing regulatory or other substantiated answers to questions members have about uniform configuration and wear.

Mods would lock threads that deviate from ask / answer format, with the only discussion allowed being if a specific citation is appropriate.

2) Uniform Discussions General
The free-for-all discussion board we have today where anything within the TOS is allowed.

I volunteer to mod the first one.

"That Others May Zoom"

whatevah

I think it's fine as-is.  The search function works nicely for most things.  However, there might be a CAP-Talk Wiki coming in the future where the FAQ things could be listed.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

MIKE

Quote from: whatevah on July 20, 2008, 05:47:11 PM
However, there might be a CAP-Talk Wiki coming in the future where the FAQ things could be listed.

Don't get me started on the CS Wiki.
Mike Johnston

Nathan

Unfortunately, the CS wiki seems to have some sort of fatal flaw in the system. It's a great idea, but the problem with the search can't seem to be fixed and has halted the ability for us to create any new articles.

If we came up with a purely CAP wiki that actually worked, I would be all for volunteering to write up a few hundred thousand articles.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

356cadet

Getting back on track, hehe. Awards are part of the uniform, so why not keep them together, anyhow? It just would seem like a waste of memory space for CAPTalk.

Eclipse

My proposal is to split this between just asking direct questions and the more "spirited", "why" discussions.

Anything that went more than 1 or 2 responses would be moved out of the direct one and into the discussion one.

"That Others May Zoom"