A photo of a really wet beaver (STS)

Started by NIN, May 27, 2010, 02:28:12 PM

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

davidsinn

Sucks to be AKWG. That's two bent Beavers in as many years. Last one was a write off. Think this one is too? The easiest way to get her out of the lake is to call up the army and ask for a 'Hook.

Quote from: tsrup on May 27, 2010, 03:38:25 PM
+1 for excellent use of STS

I don't think the setup could have been any better.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NIN

Quote from: davidsinn on May 27, 2010, 03:40:19 PM
Sucks to be AKWG. That's two bent Beavers in as many years. Last one was a write off. Think this one is too? The easiest way to get her out of the lake is to call up the army and ask for a 'Hook.

As my business cards used to say "You call, we haul."  I seriously doubt that beaver weighs more than 22,000 lbs soaking wet.   Would be an interesting rigging job. I'd really rather rig something like that to flip over as you lifted, versus having to put it down on the upper surface of the wing and the tail. :(

Quote from: davidsinn on May 27, 2010, 03:40:19 PM
Quote from: tsrup on May 27, 2010, 03:38:25 PM
+1 for excellent use of STS

I don't think the setup could have been any better.

Actually, I had other setups, but this was the one I decided to hammer home, STS.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

bosshawk

So that is what a beaver looks like, upside down?

Seriously, I had a few hours in land-based Beavers in the Army and we lost a few of them in Viet Nam, one a ground loop after hitting a berm alongside the runway on a dirt runway.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

tsrup

Quote from: NIN on May 27, 2010, 03:53:43 PM
I seriously doubt that beaver weighs more than 22,000 lbs soaking wet.   
Actually, I had other setups, but this was the one I decided to hammer home, STS.

You missed one.  ;D

Paramedic
hang-around.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP