Control head for Micom 2TS radio

Started by cap235629, February 29, 2012, 09:47:42 AM

cap235629

I have seen may of these radios on ebay and thought it might be an inexpensive way to get an ALE radio.

Micom 2TS

Does anyone know where I might find a control head?
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

kd8gua

Via the BatLabs' Batboard... A user on their message board found those same Micoms as you did (and myself). The issue with not having a control head is that the 2TS has been out of production for some time, and because of the relative rarity of such radios, spare parts are hard to come by. It may be possible to contact Mobat USA and see if they have any parts. The company that was suggested in the other board was Royal Communications. They will sell you a NOS control head for roughly $750. Obviously then you have to buy the control head cable, external speaker, and microphone as well.
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

kd8gua

I wound up biting the bullet and purchased a headless Micom 2TS from that auction site, and just by pure luck a man was selling a control head he no longer needed.

The Micom 2TS is worth every penny of whatever you pay for it! Wonderful, clear audio (some of my amateur SSB reception sounds like FM), and the direct frequency capability is just perfect. I have yet to even store a single channel in my Micom yet!
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ