Uniform Committee?

Started by tjaxe, January 29, 2009, 10:46:26 PM

tjaxe

Quote from: Eclipse on January 29, 2009, 05:00:10 AM
Quote from: Smokey on January 29, 2009, 04:42:47 AM
Lt Col White headed up a committee that had a number of other changes that were supposed to be presented.  Any idea what happened to them??

He doesn't play with CAP anymore...no idea what happened to his committee.

The above was stated on another string.  Anyone have any idea what happened with all of the uniform stuff that was hashed through?  Has it been trashed? Is it still being "worked" by someone else? 

Thanks!  8)

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

AlphaSigOU

Dunno what happened to the 'committee'. Unless it's being referred to as the 'Uniform Team' in the agenda. I could be wrong.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Pylon

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 29, 2009, 11:23:09 PM
Dunno what happened to the 'committee'. Unless it's being referred to as the 'Uniform Team' in the agenda. I could be wrong.

It is.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

billford1

It's a joke. I looked at the Winter 2009 NB agenda. Is there anything at all to reduce the number of uniforms? It appears as if they're just adding new corporate uniform add-ons. 

AlphaSigOU

Not quite... it appears that they're trying to tie up loose ends after the ram-jamming of the CSU a couple of years ago.  They apparently forgot about some all-weather outergarments, such as wooly pullies and cardigans.

Some proposals I believe are just not well thought out and will either be amended or shot down in flames altogether.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

arajca

Prior to HWSRN, the uniform issues were brought up once a year - at the winter NB meeting. They were not brought up at any NEC meetings. If this step is a return to that policy, approved by the NB itself, then a large number of uniform items is appropriate, since they'll only have one shot per year. If this isn't a return, then it is a large number and some sort of approval process need to be put in place to simplify things. (Perhaps a committee who makes recommendations to the CAP/CC who approves/ rejects them, and the NB only gets involved in the policy side of uniforms, like customs & courtesies, when to wear which one, etc; and avoids the minutia.)

Major Carrales

Quote from: billford1 on January 31, 2009, 04:52:45 AM
It's a joke. I looked at the Winter 2009 NB agenda. Is there anything at all to reduce the number of uniforms? It appears as if they're just adding new corporate uniform add-ons. 

You are under the impression that there is a "movement" to reduce the number of uniforms.  There has been no evidence of that at any Corporate CAP level meetings...only at places like CAPTALK and CADET stuff.

To which there is so much bickering and personal difference of proposal, that it averages out to nothing or no concise proposal.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

While it might be nice to look "more uniform" the current number of combination suits the need.

I think eliminating the aviator whites in favor of everyone wearing the CSU would be a good way to go, and perhaps losing the blue epaulets in favor of the grays for everyone, but if not, whatever.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on January 31, 2009, 06:07:43 PM
While it might be nice to look "more uniform" the current number of combination suits the need.

I think eliminating the aviator whites in favor of everyone wearing the CSU would be a good way to go, and perhaps losing the blue epaulets in favor of the grays for everyone, but if not, whatever.

I can concur with the above.  The blue shoulder marks create to much of a "problem" and exist in a grey area (snicker), we should just embrace our grey.  It should be pointed out, however, after all this, that I should never expect anyone to propose..."Wouldn't it be cool if we had blue shoulder marks like back in the day."  Mostly because "back int he day would be now, as opposed to the 70s-80s.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RADIOMAN015

My normal uniform of wear is the two different golf shirt combinations (including at mission bases).  I do have the white aviator shirt with grey rank epaulets that I wear when required.

I like the idea of a variety of uniforms especially those that don't require meeting the AF grooming standards.   Sometimes, I just can't get one of my family members to give me a haircut so I go out of AF grooming compliance.  However, when I do get the family member motivated to give me the haircut, I come close to Marine Corps grooming standards ;D

Probably look at purchasing the blue field uniform this year, so that it can help me perform better on the UDF team.

Here in the north VERY cold part of the country, it's great to be able to wear a warm jacket, with many of the uniforms that doesn't require a separate expenditure. 

I would hope that NB continues to strive to keep member uniform costs as low as possible by retaining typical golf shirts/aviator shirts, etc. that don't require hats or special outer wear (jackets).

RM