Bookstore Catalog & CAPM39-1 PDFs

Started by alamrcn, April 27, 2007, 03:06:31 PM

alamrcn

I've started working on a new "Document Library" section of the CAP Patches website, and have been trying to collect stuff off the internet to get it going as early as this weekend.

I have found copies of the 2000 Millenium and 2001 Bookstore Catalogs in PDF, but have been unable to find a copy of the 1996-97 catalog - the first one to be in an electronic format, and had a brown cover (I believe) with a couple photos including one of JFK greeting cadets. I have several catalogs from the late 80s to early 90s available, and hope to find the ability to convert them into electronic form some day.

I also have the 1997 and 2005 uniform manuals, but I'm not sure if there was one between them or not... I don't think so. I've also gathered all the Ant Pen "Change Memos" off the National website. If you can think of anything else that might be nifty to preserve, please let me know!

Lastly, I've been picking up various 39-1 suppliments off the wing websites when Google can find them. Any dirrection to more is greatly appreciated also!

So, please check your hard drives and old disks and let me know if you can help!And thanks for your time and concideration in preserving Civil Air Patrol history.

- Ace

http://www.incountry.us/CAPPatches/

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Stonewall

Some historical info if you'd like.

SER-FL-383, Jacksonville Composite Squadron

This patch was designed by myself and Cadet P. Karl N. Fiebelkorn in about 1990 and produced sometime between 1991 and 92, after I graduated high school and went into the Army.

Karl was an Earhart cadet and graduated high school in 1992, a year after me.  Not sure if he stayed in CAP after high school when he attended Jacksonville University.  He died in December 2001 from a brain anurysm.

The patch was designed with ideas taken from the Army's 75th Ranger Regimental crest.  In the '80s, the squadron was refered to as FANG (FL Air Nat'l Guard) Three Eight Three.  As cadets, being heavily into "army stuff" and ground search and rescue, we unofficially dubbed ourselves 383RD Search and Rescue Squadron.  Back then, no body cared so we just went with it.  I'm actually surprised that it made it as an official patch because it doesn't accurately identifty the squadron.  What's worse, is the squadron, on the cadet side of the house anyway, is far from a SAR squadron.  The seniors and air side perform more missions than most wings, but the cadets, not so much, if at all.  Ironically cadets are the ones who designed it.

If you start a history section for your patches, you can use what I wrote above.  If not, no biggie.
Serving since 1987.

CAP Producer

Andy and all,

FYI the manager at Vanguard tells me that there will be a printed Vanguard CAP catalog released in "the next few months" as well as a redesigned website. Sometime between 15 May and 1 June on the website.

It was funny to watch the vanguard folks work with old CAPMART catalogs at our recent Wing Conf.

Andy, I have a spare US CAP tape if you want one for your collection.

Al.

Capt Al Pabon
Deputy Director, Public Affairs
North Central Region
AL PABON, Major, CAP

alamrcn

I got the "Document Library" going on the CAP Patches page yesterday, check it out if you have a momment...
http://www.incountry.us/cappatches/library.html
I have all the recent change letters there, just like National HQ's site, but permanently! Also added about 9 wing suppliments, as many as I could find.

Kirt, thanks for the patch history info, I'll get it up on the site soon. The history will be added to a link-bar just to the right of the patch and below the unit's name in the Florida patch gallery.

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota