Does anyone use a demerit system?

Started by Fifinella, April 23, 2007, 01:00:20 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: Pylon on April 25, 2007, 03:16:03 AM
...Do seniors (your quote) "think that cadets are only around to clean and do the dirty work"?  I don't see that attitude in seniors around here, and I don't hear of it from anybody on these boards; not sure where you got that impression from.

In all fairness, I have seen this attitude in a few. I tend to let them know that cadets are here to be trained, not just for labor detail.

There have also been cadets I've heard muttering about seniors not doing anything. I tend to disavow them of that notion by picking up a mop or broom, and doing cleaning myself from time to time. They tend to come to the conclusions on their own, and it saves the trouble of alienating them with a "talk".

Neither attitude really seems that common, but they are out there.

Anyway, back to the original issue. Kinda seems like a demerit system can be a bad idea. I may analyze ours when I get back to my unit, and make some recommendations.

Stonewall

I have personally experienced this type of thing only twice, once as a cadet and once as a deputy commander for cadets.  In short, a couple of pilots tried to barter with orientation flights.  "You cadets wash and wax our plane and we'll give you orientation flights".

Fortunately, that's not how the program works.  But stuff like that does happen.
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

Quote from: 12211985 on April 25, 2007, 01:38:45 AM
I think that CAP needs to have an encampments-type activity for senior members.  One where they're treated just like the basic cadets and learn the same things, plus level I material.  This would be staffed by other officers.

They used to have that.  It was called ENCAMPMENT.  I know from researching that PAWG had the largest of these Encampments during WW2 and up until 1954.  Not to sure why they went away.  It was expected that every single member come out and participate during the sometimes weeklong training. 

-Just a sidenote of history for you.
What's up monkeys?