Main Menu

New AFI 36-2903

Started by Archer, January 20, 2014, 01:52:07 AM

Archer

So with the new Air Force uniform manual being effected, I'm curious to see how(if at all) the changes to the USAF uniform will influence CAP's iterations of them, especially with the new 39-1 creeping in.

Some of the key changes I noted are:
-Morale patches on flight suit
-Morale shirts
-CIB and others now permitted on all combos
-Army Ranger tabs..... + all other tabs to be worn on the shoulder

http://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/af_a1/publication/afi36-2903/afi36-2903.pdf

Luis R. Ramos

Why do we have to be concerned by the AFIs at all? Shouldn't/isn't that the concern of CAP-USAF, the corporate board, and director worry or deal with them?

:angel:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

PHall

It's not a "NEW" AFI 36-2903, just a change to have it reflect the recent uniform policy changes and some administrative house cleaning.

HGjunkie

So;

Authorized morale patches for special events
No more phone color restrictions (39-1 draft bans white phones)

Probably the only things that would set some sort of precedence.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Archer

What about the Combat Infantry/Action/Medical badges?

PHall

Quote from: Archer on January 20, 2014, 02:30:47 AM

RTFM, you tell us.

Archer

Quote from: PHall on January 20, 2014, 02:48:09 AM
Quote from: Archer on January 20, 2014, 02:30:47 AM

RTFM, you tell us.

Oh, no I meant why does he think those other things will set a precedent, but not the authorization of CIB's and such on USAF uniforms.

HGjunkie

Speaking as a cadet, those two were the only things I cared about.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

abdsp51

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 20, 2014, 03:07:34 AM
Speaking as a cadet, those two were the only things I cared about.

Doesn't apply to CAP and I don't think IMHO that any of these will be included in 39-1.

Eclipse

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 20, 2014, 02:23:41 AM

Nice try.

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 20, 2014, 04:09:22 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 20, 2014, 03:49:53 AM
Quote from: HGjunkie on January 20, 2014, 02:23:41 AM

Nice try.

Huh?
OMG, I just re-read this.

6.3.1.3 Handheld Electronic Devices. Handheld electronic devices are small electronic
equipment such as cellular phones (personal or official), MP3 or similar players, radio, or
hands-free devices (e.g. Bluetooth). Handheld electronic devices will be plain black,
silver, dark blue, or gray
. Holster and other storage devices used to carry handheld
electronic devices will be plain black, silver, dark blue, or gray. One handheld electronic
device may be attached to a belt/waistband on either side, clipped to a purse, or carried in
the left hand.

1/2 the phones on this planet are white. 

Now, granted, adults wishing to procreate shouldn't have >ANYTHING< hanging on their belt,
especially a white cell phone, but seriously, how is this enforceable?  I can see the holster,
but the phone?

I thought you were trying for a "made you look" kinda deal.

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

Oh god I thought you were trying to mess with me. My friend has a white phone and as soon as I told him that, he kinda... turned white.

I've never seen people use a non-black holster though, that's kinda odd.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

I've seen all manner of sparkly nonsense, but NHQ can't seriously believe people are going to not buy the latest
Gold iWhatever just because of 39-1.

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

Other than the dollar store .. I've never seen any off the wall colors for phone holsters/clips.
..probably why they end up at the dollar store.

LSThiker

No worries.  I will just put a black case on my white iPhone and see who argues with me :)  I did put a comment about that in the reviews.  We will see what happens.  In all honesty, does not bother me.  I never liked having a phone "holster" on my hip. 

Mustang

Quote8.3.6. Morale Patches and Tabs. Wing Commanders may authorize the wear of morale patches on the shoulders of the FDU on Fridays, or during special events. Small morale tabs may be worn on the exposed Velcro of the left sleeve when the pen pocket cover is removed; wear is not restricted. Squadron Commanders will approve and maintain a list of acceptable morale patches and tabs for wear by assigned Airmen.

Interesting. So wear of pencil pocket patches is now allowed, and not subject to the Friday/special event limitation.

Glad to see the AF still understands the concept of morale; CAP forgot what it means long ago.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

PHall

Quote from: Mustang on January 20, 2014, 05:53:26 AM
Quote8.3.6. Morale Patches and Tabs. Wing Commanders may authorize the wear of morale patches on the shoulders of the FDU on Fridays, or during special events. Small morale tabs may be worn on the exposed Velcro of the left sleeve when the pen pocket cover is removed; wear is not restricted. Squadron Commanders will approve and maintain a list of acceptable morale patches and tabs for wear by assigned Airmen.

Interesting. So wear of pencil pocket patches is now allowed, and not subject to the Friday/special event limitation.

Glad to see the AF still understands the concept of morale; CAP forgot what it means long ago.

The morale patch ban was widely ignored.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Was there ever any movement on the belted "Heritage" uniform of a few years ago?

I mean this:

not the quasi-Marine/Imperial kit:

I liked the first one, much better than the "business suit" we have now.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Scrapped when the new CSAF came in.

"That Others May Zoom"