Leather vs Corfam

Started by titanII, January 08, 2012, 04:13:56 PM

Which kind of dress shoes is better: Leather or Corfam?

Leather
25 (80.6%)
Corfam
3 (9.7%)
It depends on how much you pay
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

PHall

Quote from: Private Investigator on January 10, 2012, 02:59:17 AM
Marines wear leather only!   :clap:

Interesting..... How do you explain the Marine Corps Recruiter I saw purchasing a pair of Bates Lights Corfams at the Vandenberg AFB MCSS then.

He sure looked like a Marine!

SPD6696

No.  Marines wear Corfram.  I did for 8 years, and everyone else I knew did, too.
"You are
  What you do
  When it counts." - Steakley, "Armor"

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."

Grumpy

Funny, I go to the uniform sales on Camp Pendleton at least once every other month.  I find it very difficult for find anything other than Corfam.

tsrup

I prefer leather,  because they do form themselves to your feet over time,  making a well broken in pair much more comfortable.  Leather soles can also be repaired by any cobbler shop should you be fortunate to have one nearby.  Corframs tend to be stiffer and less comfortable to me,  however,  that could be chalked up to personal preference.

I did also watch the soles of one cadet's corframs litterally disinigrate with each step at encampment once. By the time she reached the chow hall therewas  nothing left of the bottom of her shoes
Paramedic
hang-around.

HGjunkie

Quote from: tsrup on January 10, 2012, 11:16:12 PM
I prefer leather,  because they do form themselves to your feet over time,  making a well broken in pair much more comfortable.  Leather soles can also be repaired by any cobbler shop should you be fortunate to have one nearby.  Corframs tend to be stiffer and less comfortable to me,  however,  that could be chalked up to personal preference.

I did also watch the soles of one cadet's corframs litterally disinigrate with each step at encampment once. By the time she reached the chow hall therewas  nothing left of the bottom of her shoes

I've seen that happen with dry-rotted boots too.

I've worn the same pair of Corfams for about 3 years now, and they've steadily been morphing to fit my ever-growing feet. Depends on the individual pair I guess.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Al Sayre

Humbug!  I know an awful lot of Marines that wear/wore corofams.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787