Main Menu

Pop’s Leather A-2

Started by Imouttahere, February 23, 2021, 09:11:55 PM

Imouttahere

Anyone bite the bullet and buy a Pop's Leather (Korea) A-2. They have a thinsulate lining option and I'm wondering how much warmth it provides. Plus the general fit and finish of the jacket. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHall

Pop's Leather is not in Korea. They're in Adana, Turkey which is next to Incirlik AB.
And per their website they're currently closed because of the pandemic.

But, I do have an A2 jacket from them and have found that with the thinsulate liner it would keep me warm in temperatures down to about 20 degrees F no problem.

Imouttahere

I knew that, but I misspoke.  Good to know that it makes it a warmer jacket. I have an unlined A-2 and it's barely a fall jacket.

blackrain

Quote from: PHall on February 24, 2021, 12:33:05 AMPop's Leather is not in Korea. They're in Adana, Turkey which is next to Incirlik AB.
And per their website they're currently closed because of the pandemic.

But, I do have an A2 jacket from them and have found that with the thinsulate liner it would keep me warm in temperatures down to about 20 degrees F no problem.

Second that. I've had one about 4 years now. I bit the bullet and it wasn't cheap but definitely high quality. I carefully took multiple measurements on the custom form and it fits great. Got all the features I wanted. I'm planning on wearing this one around for many years.
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

Imouttahere

What did you select for leather?

Larry Mangum

Link to website, I am getting an error when I google POP's and try to connect.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001

PHall

Quote from: Larry Mangum on March 18, 2021, 06:15:26 PMLink to website, I am getting an error when I google POP's and try to connect.

They're currently closed due to the pandemic.
There also may be internet connection problems due to the Government of Turkey intermittently shutting down the internet too.

Mustang

I have an airline-style jacket from Pop's Leather for my day job, it's great. I generally always have to have the sleeves shortened a tad on jackets, so it was nice to have my Pop's jacket made-to-measure.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Imouttahere

I'd love to order one but their website has been down for quite a while now. Anyone know if a good alternative?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Pop's website is down because they had to close to comply with a Covid lock down and also because the President of Turkey keeps shutting down the internet to keep his opponents from organizing protests.

PHall

Picked up a jacket a couple of months ago from G & B, good quality but a bit pricy.