Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

Major Carrales

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 26, 2007, 06:15:50 AM
AWESOME!

Same the image to your files...these ebay images often disappear.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

mikeylikey

It looks like it sold for 50 cents at one time.  I am sure it will go for hundreds now. 

It would be neat to know the story about the person behind the card.  Did he go off and fly for the Army.....etc........
What's up monkeys?

NIN

someplace in my collection of stuff, I have my Dad's CAP ID from the late 1950s (with his photo  STAPLED onto it... Crazy!) and a postcard from Civil Air Patrol, dated early in 1942, thanking my ex-wife's grandfather for his application and saying that someone from the local unit will get back with him.  While its not signed, it has Maj Gen J.F. Curry's signature block on it, and its misprinted with something like "J.H. Curry" and the H is overtyped, manually, with an F.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

RogueLeader

Notice that it says "enlisted" with the CAP.  I guess we can say that it is okay to say that they are "enlisted" CAP Cadets right?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

mikeylikey

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 27, 2007, 04:03:09 AM
Notice that it says "enlisted" with the CAP.  I guess we can say that it is okay to say that they are "enlisted" CAP Cadets right?

They are all enlisted.  Heck we are all enlisted.  Enlisted in its basic form means; to participate heartily, to secure the support and aid of, to employ in advancing an interest, to win over, to attract.  (Taken from Mariam-Webster). 

I have no problem referring to them as enlisted, but I don't want to open up that can of worms again.  I think there are like 4 or 12 threads already on that subject.
What's up monkeys?

ZigZag911

Very cool! Thanks for sharing, Sparky!

Skyray

"Enlist" is a generic term with different meanings in different contexts.  I did very well in cadet training, and when I finished the Corps offered me a Regular Commision rather than the Reserve commission usually proferred.  When I asked what the advantages were, the career advisory officer stated: "Well, for one thing you don't have to reenlist."
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

trekkindave

Im suprised no one mentioned that is says ARMY on it .......i mean.. it was the army air core back then

LtCol White

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 26, 2007, 06:21:48 AM
It looks like it sold for 50 cents at one time.  I am sure it will go for hundreds now. 

It would be neat to know the story about the person behind the card.  Did he go off and fly for the Army.....etc........

Since its not filled out it is probably a left over unused card.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.