Main Menu

ABUs

Started by MadGrak, September 15, 2011, 05:14:12 AM

MIKE

When I was at my last squadron I was given a patch... so I put it on the blouse I had with the COMM patch on and almost never wore it.  Had two more pairs that were sans patches except for the MAWG patch.  It was a fugly patch anyway.  >:D
Mike Johnston

Eclipse

Raises a coffee-house question about cadets.

We can't require they wear any uniform that is not issued, so can we require they purchase optional insignia?

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

My unit can require it as we provide it at no cost, unless they want to pay to have it sewn on, to the members. It is presented to cadets when they complete Ach. 1 and seniors when they complete Lvl 1 at our awards nights.

PHall

Quote from: Eclipse on October 03, 2013, 02:27:54 PM
Raises a coffee-house question about cadets.

We can't require they wear any uniform that is not issued, so can we require they purchase optional insignia?

My unit charges $25 when a new cadet joins to cover their "initial issue".
This includes a squadron baseball cap, squadron t-shirt, squadron patch, name tapes(2), CAP tapes(2), flag patch, name tag, wing patch.

Angus

Quote from: MIKE on October 03, 2013, 02:25:25 PM
When I was at my last squadron I was given a patch... so I put it on the blouse I had with the COMM patch on and almost never wore it.  Had two more pairs that were sans patches except for the MAWG patch.  It was a fugly patch anyway.  >:D

The MAWG patch is still ugly.  I feel like it makes me look as if I were for the Mass Turnpike Authority.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

SAREXinNY

My apologies if this was discussed somewhere else but I haven't seen it addressed.  I have heard that we are keeping the same black boots with the new uniforms.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  I had just assumed we were moving to the same sage green boots that the AD guys and gals wear.  I was excited to not have to shine another boot!!

a2capt

Until the manual is published, we know nothing. It's all speculation.

Eclipse

The proposal shown at the last boards keeps the black boots, but nothing has been approved.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2013, 03:01:49 AM
The proposal shown at the last boards keeps the black boots, but nothing has been approved.

I had an opportunity to get Sage Green boots for $25.  So I'm set either way.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

TexasCadet

Panache

Eclipse

The last thing I would be recommending to a cadet with growing feet is $200 dollar boots, especially since they
will probably never see anything but pavement, tile floor, and carpet.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Panache on November 11, 2013, 06:13:34 PM
Quote from: TexasCadet on November 11, 2013, 06:11:29 PM
Forget sage green boots. ::)
http://www.danner.com/melee-8-multicamr-military-boots.html

(looks at price)

(has heart attack)

Not much more than a good pair of black or tan boots of similar quality.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 11, 2013, 06:25:58 PM
Quote from: Panache on November 11, 2013, 06:13:34 PM
Quote from: TexasCadet on November 11, 2013, 06:11:29 PM
Forget sage green boots. ::)
http://www.danner.com/melee-8-multicamr-military-boots.html

(looks at price)

(has heart attack)

Not much more than a good pair of black or tan boots of similar quality.

My Black 8" Bates set me back $105 a few years back. And that's the "Low end" of the "decent" scale.

Panache

Original SWAT Classic 9-inch size-zip.  $110.00 (usually cheaper online from retailers)

The most comfortable pair of boots I've ever worn.  With daily (5 days a week) wear, they seem to last about 3-4 years.

TexasCadet

I never would buy a $200 pair of boots. Just making a joke. ;D

BHartman007

Quote from: Panache on November 11, 2013, 06:37:10 PM
Original SWAT Classic 9-inch size-zip.  $110.00 (usually cheaper online from retailers)

The most comfortable pair of boots I've ever worn.  With daily (5 days a week) wear, they seem to last about 3-4 years.

I get these from the local army surplus for $80.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

NIN

We have a local "Big Lots"-style store that is carrying Wellco boots in weird sizes (ie. 4.5 and 12) which is great for those cadets who need crazy sizes (this BCT flight has 3-4 cadets out of 12 who are literally smaller than XS-Short BDUs).

They have them in Black, Sage Green & Desert.  Its *awesome*  $25 a pair.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

How ridiculous is it that we have to "buy" rights to use our own uniform?

"That Others May Zoom"