official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Crncr

Hey, Guys "I'm here too".. Yes, Yes I am.
New to C.A.P Talk and ready to explore ^5
2nd Lt. Charmine "Char"  Reyes
Kauai Composite Squadron
Professional Development Officer
Personnel Officer
Inspector General Deputy

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

KarlIceman

:)  Hello to one and all..... I'm new to this and can use all of the assistance that I can get!    Thank you!!!!

a2capt

You might want to start with either putting a proper unit number, or none at all.  Since I doubt you are in the legislative squadron for NEWG. Just saying..

I could be wrong, though I don't think so.

pascocap2002

Greetings everyone,

I just found this board and seem to like it. It is very similar to the old CAPBoard that used to exist and will be great to get information about CAP.

Lets see, I do not know where to start. I joined CAP in 1999 but my membership application was not submitted until 2000 (I don't know why). I was only a cadet for 2 years and made it to C/CMSgt.

I have served in different capacities from unit level, group level, and wing level throughout the years and have been involved extensively in Emergency Services.

I am not very active in CAP as I have spent a long time out of the county on deployments but when I am home, I do my best to help out.

I am looking forward to getting back in the groove and learning more as time progresses and will be excited to start flying again with CAP.

Take care,

J2H

I had to suspend my membership due to work, thinking of trying another Squadron on a different night
SSgt Jeffrey Hughes, Squadron NCO
Glenn L. Martin Composite Squadron MD-031

RNugget

Hello all,

Prospective CAP member here. I've visited a couple different squadrons in my area and have found one that I like. Going to one more meeting to make sure I'm in a place that I like before sending off my application. I've done a lot of poking around on the internet to research the CAP and have lurked around on these forums a good bit. It seems like a good fit for me.

I got my EMT-B cert recently and have been looking for a place to put that to use. I'm looking forward to CAP's ES/SAR programs, even though they don't necessarily need EMTs for that, this is where my search for a volunteer spot search has led me. I'm also interested in starting a career in occupational safety (if I go private sector) or emergency management (public sector.) So I'm going to look into the safety professional track. I was also a cadet in AFJROTC in high school so I have a bit of loyalty/nostalgia for the Air Force and it's uniforms and methods.

Anyways, that's me. Hello!

pascocap2002

RNugget,

Welcome to CAPTalk and to CAP. I wish your stay on the forums is entertaining and also full of knowledge.

In CAP, you will find very kind people to super grumpy people (just like anywhere else) but what separates us from everywhere else is that at the end of the day, we have a common goal and that is to volunteer.

I hope your able to get what your looking for within CAP and I know you will serve your squadron well.

Take care,

-J

USMCGunny

Greetings!

I'm new to CAP Talk and to the Civil Air Patrol.  I am new Senior Member with the 83rd Composite Squadron at Fort Smith Arkansas.  I did a lot of research and reading on CAP before joining.  I can honestly say that I am impressed with what CAP does.

I am looking forward to this new learning experience and working with a fine group of patriots.

Retired Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant 1969-1991, Vietnam Infantry Combat Veteran 1970 - 1971, Marine Corps Drill Instructor 1976 - 1978. 

MSgt CAP.

Private Investigator

Welcome aboard Gunny. CAP is a lot of fun.

On a side note; Were you a D.I. at MCRD San Diego? I was a recruit there in 1976.

USMCGunny

I was a Drill Instructor at MCRD San Diego CA. with Lima Company 3rd Recruit Training Battalion.

Retired Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant 1969-1991, Vietnam Infantry Combat Veteran 1970 - 1971, Marine Corps Drill Instructor 1976 - 1978. 

MSgt CAP.

Garibaldi

Quote from: USMCGunny on March 18, 2014, 04:07:14 PM
Greetings!

I'm new to CAP Talk and to the Civil Air Patrol.  I am new Senior Member with the 83rd Composite Squadron at Fort Smith Arkansas.  I did a lot of research and reading on CAP before joining.  I can honestly say that I am impressed with what CAP does.

I am looking forward to this new learning experience and working with a fine group of patriots.

Tell everyone down there I said hi. Former member of the 115th in Rogers and we did a lot of work with your unit.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Flying Pig

Quote from: USMCGunny on March 18, 2014, 04:37:21 PM

I was a Drill Instructor at MCRD San Diego CA. with Lima Company 3rd Recruit Training Battalion.

I got a cold chill up my spine when I read that....  Lima Co. Platoon 3036, MCRD San Diego.  June 1993-June 1997   (former Sgt. USMC. 0331)  I can still tell you the names of my DIs to this day!

Alaric

Quote from: J2H on February 18, 2014, 09:53:29 PM
I had to suspend my membership due to work, thinking of trying another Squadron on a different night

I used to be a member of Harford squadron is Jeff Koubek still CC

The14th

Hello,

I've been lurking on the boards for a couple of months, and though I'm not a CAP member, I am going on Tuesday to meet with one of my local units and see if I'd be a good fit. I figured that since I was close to joining, I should actually sign up and participate on here. Seems to be a lot of good info for a new member just by browsing the different sections.

BorgCommander

Pylon

Quote from: USMCGunny on March 18, 2014, 04:07:14 PM
Greetings!

Welcome aboard, Gunny.  Good to see some more devil dogs join CAP and CAPTalk.  I never had the pleasure of seeing how the West Coast does it; I graduated from the fine rock of sand at Parris Island (1st battalion, PLT 1072).  Also nice to see some more 03XX representation! Semper Fi, Gunny.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JacobAnn

Hello to all.  New guy here even though I have been lurking for a while.  I was in CAP as a senior member back in the 70s and early 80s.  I left when I joined the USAF in 1983 to continue my military career.  Now I'm retired and thinking about getting back into CAP.  I realize it barely resembles the CAP I left so many years ago but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  My old squadron was pretty much just a flying club.  I'm hoping if I get back into CAP that a couple of my grandkids might be potential cadets in the coming years.  I remember it was hard to find senior members who wanted to work with cadets and that probably hasn't changed a whole lot.  I plan to visit a couple local squadrons in the near future.

Loved the picture from USMCGunny.  I did MCRD San Diego in 1965 and remember my 3 DIs well.  One unfortunately later became a Vietnam casualty.  I bumped into another one of my DIs while I was in Vietnam and even though I was an E-4 at the time, I was still nervous talking to him.  It's amazing the lasting impressions those DIs had on us.

chimera388

Former cadet/senior member getting back on board. Just got my membership confirmed yesterday, and will be starting Ground Team training in Antelope Valley, CA very soon. Hoping to start an Edwards AFB ground team in the next 6 months or so. Previous work in AZWG, COWG, and NDWG (by proxy). Currently active duty, 412th EWG.

FlyTiger77

Welcome, JacobAnn & Chimera388.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP