Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: IceNine on September 02, 2008, 08:18:34 PM
Couldn't find the cubbies either huh? ;)

Wing Baseball outing?  I want one!!!

They're a bit of work but with advanced planning can go really smooth.  It's a great time for a tailgate with friends and to spend a day together out of uniform.  We also sent five color guards onto the field to present the colors during the national anthem like we did last year.

As for your first comment, I'll let that slide untouched... ;)

ol'fido

Quote from: Eclipse on June 11, 2008, 08:59:44 PM

Don't tell me CAP doesn't present unique opportunities - the only thing cooler than being able to get this pic was that the
pilot was a former ILWG cadet (now a Major) and we swapped a little bling.

I mean, seriously, how cool is that!

Hey, eclipse, was that former Illinois Wing cadet with the BUFF a red headed irishman named Watson?
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

ColonelJack

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on September 02, 2008, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: IceNine on September 02, 2008, 08:18:34 PM
Couldn't find the cubbies either huh? ;)

As for your first comment, I'll let that slide untouched... ;)

Well, with any luck at all, we'll see you in the playoffs -- as the Wild Card team.  Go Cubs!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

raticate1999

NY NER-373

Happy, now everyone knows who I am!

2Lt C, Reiff

Al Sayre

Here's one from the Hurricane Gustav Mission...

I hate flash photos...

The Easy button worked for us this time!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: raticate1999 on September 03, 2008, 04:54:24 PM

NY NER-373

2Lt C, Reiff

Shave next time.

flyguy06

Quote from: Al Sayre on September 07, 2008, 01:55:22 AM

I hate flash photos...

I met that young female Captain at the National Cadet Comp in June

jb512

Shave next time.

I was going to say it, but I was scared of the "don't hurt anyone's feelings" police.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: jaybird512 on September 08, 2008, 12:09:17 AM
I was going to say it, but I was scared of the "don't hurt anyone's feelings" police.

How about the "show people common decency and respect police."  Apparantly you don't know how to do it, Mr. Badder.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

flyguy06

I noticed this young man needs a shave as well. Unfortunantly the new thing catching on in CAP is the attitude that "we are not the military" and so people think they can wear the uniform looking like that not matter what 39-1 says. We are recruiting members that think we are a EMS 1st responder type unit and they dont feel they need to meet military grooming standards. but I digress. thats not the purpose of this thread. Sorry to have intruded.

hatentx

But I thought Mr. Badder was the police?  I am so confused now aaaahhhhhh.
However if you are going to post a picture of yourself in uniform do so correctly.  Maybe you may not like to be corrected but if someone doesn't then the standards will drop.  If you don't like the standards get into the correct uniform or get out.  Remimber the pictures you post are a reflection of not only yourself but of CAP as a whole, if you look jacked up it doesn't say much for us.  For those that don't care to correct uniform infractions or conduct misfractions are part of the problem.  Standards need to be upheld but then again that is the NCO comming out me.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: flyguy06 on September 07, 2008, 08:15:28 PM

I hate flash photos...

One of my squadron's SM's is her friend so when she was up here for a visit he brought her to a meeting.  That visit turned into an invite for me and 5 other WIWG members to come down to NE to staff the '07 cadet comp.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: raticate1999 on September 03, 2008, 04:54:24 PM

NY NER-373

2Lt C, Reiff

ok all......

Look at the photo. The only thing I mentioned about the pic was the shave. 39-1 says clean shaven.

Look at the uniform. Dark colors, looks servicable and pressed or ironed. Nametapes look good, and the white parts are vivid.  IOW the uniform is not jacked up like many pics I see.  Throw some starch at the cover and it is a good photo.

jb512

Quote from: jimmydeanno on September 08, 2008, 12:41:43 AM
Quote from: jaybird512 on September 08, 2008, 12:09:17 AM

How about the "show people common decency and respect police."  Apparantly you don't know how to do it, Mr. Badder.

Uhh.... ok... 

Let me regain my composure because I just had to hit the backspace button many times...

If you choose to wear the uniform of the United States Air Force and you choose not to conform to the standards that they have set for us to wear it, then it is you who is not showing people common decency and respect.

Wear an undershirt.  Shave.  Get a haircut.  Don't wear goatees.  Don't wear hard metal rank on your hat.  39-1 is not the best written manual in the world, but these people should at least make an attempt at reading it before they crawl into a uniform.

There.  That was better than what I first typed.

Oh, and don't get your feelings hurt if we dime you out for not following the regulations for wearing the uniforms.  If you can't figure it out, there is a golf shirt and gray pants you can wear.

Post your picture on military.com or afforums.com and you'll get a much less friendly response than the ones we've given.

jb512

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on September 08, 2008, 02:43:45 AM

I hate flash photos...

One of my squadron's SM's is her friend so when she was up here for a visit he brought her to a meeting.  That visit turned into an invite for me and 5 other WIWG members to come down to NE to staff the '07 cadet comp.

Now this one was a good picture.  Very professional looking, and presents a very good image.

MitchCat

I'm breaking the flow of things here with these pics, I think.  Some of y'all might enjoy them, anyhow.
Eat it, Phelps!

These were taken during our family vacation when I was stupid enough to ask my dad to take me solo on the tube.  Anyway, I bet I beat the world record for skipping on top of the water.  All three times I wiped out was because I was flung into *what felt like* g-turns while going over 2 foot waves.  I would fly out, flip on my back, and skip a few times before sinking into the water.  Quite fun, really, although by the time wipeout 3 came about my head was hurting.
Catherine "Cat" G. Sedy, C/TSgt, CAP
Bravo Flight Sergeant
Peninsula Composite Squadron, PCR-WA-051
Encampment Honor Cadet, CFXIII Summer 2008
Ground and Urban Direction Finding Team Task O-0102-3-f: ...Sleep whenever possible.

arajca

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on September 08, 2008, 03:41:57 AM
Throw some starch at the cover and it is a good photo.

Your personal opinion only. The proper place to stow the bdu cover when not wearing it is in the cargo pocket.

Quote from: CAPR 39-1, Table 2-3, Line 6When not being worn, is stowed in either of the lower cargo pockets on the trousers.
Starching the bdu cap then folding it to properly stow put creases in the cap. Which, IMO, looks bad. I just pull it out of the pocket, give it a quick snap to open it, put it ona dn give the top seam a quick run between the fingers. Good smooth, flat top, straight sides.

JoeTomasone

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on September 08, 2008, 03:41:57 AM
[Throw some starch at the cover and it is a good photo.

That would be pointless since it will get all crunched up in your BDU pants pocket anyway, no?

Ah, arajca beat me to it.   GMTA?  :D

Flying Pig

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on September 08, 2008, 02:43:45 AM

I hate flash photos...

Did I miss something?  Or is that a cadet in a Corporate Uniform?  Is that you SARKID?

♠SARKID♠