CAP Drivers Safe Driving Habits General Public Input?

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 26, 2010, 11:53:05 PM

RADIOMAN015

Wonder how this program would work for all CAP vehicles
http://www.embarksafety.com/

Basically there's a special ID decal with an 800# on the back of a vehicle "How's My Driving?" that anyone witnessing unsafe driving (or good driving) can call to report in.

It involves a third party taking the information and reporting it.  Of course if CAP wanted to save money they could actually do this program in house.

Maybe this would be a good risk management prevention tool/method.  (I know at work I'm strongly recommending tp  our company president to try this program for 1 year, since we've got over 30 locations with delivery trucks  -- I think it can reduce insurance costs).   

What do others think ???
RM   

RiverAux

Any independent research showing that this approach works? 

I think the chances of being able to correctly read and write down a complete phone number in order to be able to report someone would be quite low for me. 

coudano

my wife has called in companies with unsafe drivers before

i once was driving behind a truck that was ON FIRE
so i sped up beside it, and the driver wouldn't pay any attention to me
so i read the company's name/number off the door
and called them  to tell them their truck was on fire, driving down the road

the receptionist was like...    thank you   very much!!!
heh

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

EMT-83

A company I used to work for had its logo, including website, all over the vehicles. Apparently an employee did something stupid one day, which prompted a motorist to create an email account, bad [insert company name] drivers @ yahoo.com and sent a scathing email to the company. Since I wasn't involved, I thought it was great!

I can say that having the company name prominently displayed made me think about how I drove the vehicle. Having the CAP logo on the van has the same effect.

JC004

I hate to agree with Eclipse ( >:D), but yeah.  On the other hand, since we're always looking for solutions to non-issues in safety, we could use it like coudano is saying.

CAP could issue a sticker that says "Is this van on fire? Call 1-800-CAP-FIRE" 

They would, of course, be attached with all the same consistency of the existing decals.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

a2capt

Ugh. More stickers, that they would change .. just because.

Phone On- Phone off.

Al Sayre

Problem is what are you going to do when you get the phone call?

You can't take an adverse member action because Joe Random Citizen made an anonymous phone call.  It quickly becomes a "he said - she said" without additional witnesses.  CAP dude steals your parking space at the mall? CAP neighbor's dog barks too much? etc.  Call the number and report him as a drunk driver and watch the fun begin...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

RiverAux

Plus the fact that you may or may not be able to figure out exactly which CAP member was driving the vehicle at any given point.  Picture a GT mission with 3 senior members on it that take turns driving during different parts of the mission.  Even if you knew the exact date, time, and location of the incident you may not be able to figure out who was behind the wheel then.