UAS course and certification

Started by Angus, March 12, 2019, 06:43:34 PM

Angus

So this could kind of go into AE and the UAS board so admins please reroute to what would be best. 

So knowing we're going to be making a larger pushing into using UAV's in the future I'm looking at getting ahead of the game and studying for my 107 on my own.  My hope is to be well studied so when our UAS program goes live I can be a good resource for our cadets an in general.  I'm currently looking at a few courses and a study book I found online.  Has anyone else started prepping and if so what route have you taken?  Does anyone think it would be a good idea to get a small UAV (under the .55 weight requirement) to get some practice as I'm learning? 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

etodd

Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to discuss what we are doing.  Until National goes public with the program (next month's issue of the CAP magazine), we are holding off discussing the program on CAPTalk.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

xray328

Were thinking about this for the cadets as well.  That little Hubsan X4 NHQ uses in the STEM kits looks decent for the money ($20 on Amazon).   Good size to play with in the house too.

I'm also interested in the best course to prepare the cadets for the 107.  Maybe teach that for AE night, or as a weekend class.  One major roadblock there would be the $150 exam fee though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etodd

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."