official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Ozzy

Quote from: JohhnyD on August 23, 2019, 02:19:09 AM
Hello, just rejoined my old Idaho unit. Senior folks there speak well of this site as a place for news and help.

Welcome! CAPTalk can be a wealth of knowledge. Watch out for biters though. YMMV.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

JohhnyD

Quote from: Ozzy on August 23, 2019, 03:27:28 AM
Quote from: JohhnyD on August 23, 2019, 02:19:09 AM
Hello, just rejoined my old Idaho unit. Senior folks there speak well of this site as a place for news and help.

Welcome! CAPTalk can be a wealth of knowledge. Watch out for biters though. YMMV.
The ingternet is a wild place at times. Will wear my amulets.

Shdwcaster

Hi All,

I'm a semi-recent addition to the Sioux Falls unit. I mainly joined because my daughter became a cadet, but as a lifelong airplane geek, it didn't take much convincing from our squadron commander to get me to join up as well.

So now I'm trying to navigate through the maze of learning Emergency Services, trying to not wear the wrong uniform at the wrong time, but also getting to have a lot of fun making new friends and spending bonding time with my daughter on SAREXs.

I'll try to remember to use the search button before asking any dumb questions.
Friendly squadron DCC.
"I have no idea how any of this happened."

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Shdwcaster on August 27, 2019, 10:15:59 PM
Hi All,

I'm a semi-recent addition to the Sioux Falls unit. I mainly joined because my daughter became a cadet, but as a lifelong airplane geek, it didn't take much convincing from our squadron commander to get me to join up as well.

So now I'm trying to navigate through the maze of learning Emergency Services, trying to not wear the wrong uniform at the wrong time, but also getting to have a lot of fun making new friends and spending bonding time with my daughter on SAREXs.

Welcome aboard! Take the Big 4 FEMA courses just to get them out of the way (IS100,IS200,IS700,IS800), and get the comms training (Introductory Communications User Training (ICUT), on e-Services Learning Management System (LMS)) out of the way, and get the General Emergency Services (GES, also on LMS) out of the way, and that takes care of all of the online "pre-training" you'll likely need on the Emergency Services side. This will also go a long way towards completing the requirements for your Emergency Services badge and technician rating.

LPadilla34

I'm Laura and I just signed up from Phoenix,AZ.

Shdwcaster

Quote from: Holding Pattern on August 27, 2019, 10:38:22 PM
Quote from: Shdwcaster on August 27, 2019, 10:15:59 PM
Hi All,

Welcome aboard! Take the Big 4 FEMA courses just to get them out of the way (IS100,IS200,IS700,IS800), and get the comms training (Introductory Communications User Training (ICUT), on e-Services Learning Management System (LMS)) out of the way, and get the General Emergency Services (GES, also on LMS) out of the way, and that takes care of all of the online "pre-training" you'll likely need on the Emergency Services side. This will also go a long way towards completing the requirements for your Emergency Services badge and technician rating.

Thanks for the advice. I managed to knock out most of those pretty quick, but stalled out on the IS200 and IS800 ones. Hopefully now that summer is ending and things are starting to settle back into the school year rhythms I'll be able to get back and study those.
Friendly squadron DCC.
"I have no idea how any of this happened."

Murphy

I'm here! I've been following CAP Talk for a long time, but just as a consumer.  I don't recall that I've ever said hello officially, so here I am.  CAP member for 17 years or so, In both senior and cadet capacities.

monkey1911

Greetings,

New member from WA/ID. Just finished up all of the interviews and paperwork for joining my local SQ at the meeting last night, now everything is heading off to higher for processing. Found CAP Talk during my research phase and started lurking around and reading stuff.

Thanks for having me.
Tim

SarDragon

Welcome aboard. If you haven't already done so, check out the Membership Code of Conduct and the rest of the stickied posts in Announcements.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CadetProgramGuy

Hi....Again,

Was in CAP from 2002 to 2010, Left after the IAWG debacle back then.

Just sent in my CAPF 12 with all the things I need to come back.

I know Ill have to start from the bottom on alot of things, but Its good knowing that my awards and prior work wasnt forgotten.

After RSC, Ill be applying for Grade reinstatement (Yeah I know, not auto or guaranteed) of Major.  Good to see you all again!

PHall

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on January 08, 2020, 02:42:14 AM
Hi....Again,

Was in CAP from 2002 to 2010, Left after the IAWG debacle back then.

Just sent in my CAPF 12 with all the things I need to come back.

I know Ill have to start from the bottom on alot of things, but Its good knowing that my awards and prior work wasnt forgotten.

After RSC, Ill be applying for Grade reinstatement (Yeah I know, not auto or guaranteed) of Major.  Good to see you all again!

You might want to review the promotion requirements there have been some major changes since you left in 2010.

NIN

Quote from: PHall on January 08, 2020, 03:14:24 AM
You might want to review the promotion requirements there have been some major changes since you left in 2010.

Looks like he did. Or didn't you notice?

Come on Phil.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

Quote from: NIN on January 08, 2020, 03:17:27 AM

Come on Phil.

From the guy who said he was stepping back.  Hard to resist isn't it.  ;D

Stay around. You're needed. :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

PHall

Quote from: NIN on January 08, 2020, 03:17:27 AM

Come on Phil.

Come on Nin, there's more grades then Major...

CadetProgramGuy

New Regs state Level 4 Complete to make Major.

All i need is RSC.

I have every thing else.

NIN

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on January 09, 2020, 01:39:52 AM
New Regs state Level 4 Complete to make Major.

All i need is RSC.

I have every thing else.

^^ This.

A guy who reads the regs. Awesome.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

rltw2017

Hey everyone, I'm a new senior member of KY 223 Composite Squadron. I'll be coming on as an NCO (TSgt) after serving a little over four years in the active Army with 3/75 as an 11B. I was a cadet in a past life, got my Neil Armstrong award but moved to an area without a cadet unit afterwards and was unable to complete the program. I'm looking to give back through the cadet program, take part in SAR and emergency management, and try and take advantage of the USAF NCOA and CCAF to help advance my career on the Army National Guard side.

Anyways, looking forward to get to know some of you guys and get back into this thing.
TSgt, CAP
SSG, INARNG
Former 3/75 Ranger Battalion
Why won't my back stop hurting.

Pylon

Quote from: rltw2017 on January 12, 2020, 01:28:51 AM
Hey everyone, I'm a new senior member of KY 223 Composite Squadron. I'll be coming on as an NCO (TSgt) after serving a little over four years in the active Army with 3/75 as an 11B. I was a cadet in a past life, got my Neil Armstrong award but moved to an area without a cadet unit afterwards and was unable to complete the program. I'm looking to give back through the cadet program, take part in SAR and emergency management, and try and take advantage of the USAF NCOA and CCAF to help advance my career on the Army National Guard side.

Anyways, looking forward to get to know some of you guys and get back into this thing.

Welcome! Always nice to see fellow grunts on CAPTalk (even if you are Army ;) ).

—Mike (USMC/0311)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

rltw2017

Quote from: Pylon on January 13, 2020, 03:22:35 PM
Quote from: rltw2017 on January 12, 2020, 01:28:51 AM

Welcome! Always nice to see fellow grunts on CAPTalk (even if you are Army ;) ).

—Mike (USMC/0311)

Well I'll bring the Crayola if you'll bring the dog treats  :D
TSgt, CAP
SSG, INARNG
Former 3/75 Ranger Battalion
Why won't my back stop hurting.

Kayll'b

Hey, has anybody seen a chair around here??? I'm lookin get myself into one.
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder