Main Menu

Lightening Safety VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Started by RADIOMAN015, July 02, 2010, 03:09:23 AM

JC004

Quote from: PHall on August 03, 2010, 03:02:42 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on August 02, 2010, 10:10:12 PM
There are no e's in lightning.

Cut him a little slack Dave, English is not his "first language".

It's in the title.   :o

Major Lord

Hey, remember, you can't spell "Slaughter" without "laughter".

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: JC004 on August 03, 2010, 03:04:17 AM
Quote from: PHall on August 03, 2010, 03:02:42 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on August 02, 2010, 10:10:12 PM
There are no e's in lightning.

Cut him a little slack Dave, English is not his "first language".

It's in the title.   :o
Unfortunately, when I discovered my spelling error I couldn't correct it.   :-[ I really hope that the spelling error, doesn't diminish the safety message.
Today at work we had a fairly severe TStorm and there was a strike fairly close by that resulted in no electrical power from 1500 hrs local onward.
RM   

Eclipse

Quote from: Major Lord on August 03, 2010, 02:48:57 PM

Major Lord

Is manslaughter just some guy giggling?

"That Others May Zoom"

Pingree1492

Here's an interesting, relevant story:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=146983&catid=188

For those of you who've never been up on the summit of Long's Peak, the top of the peak is a flat area, a little bit bigger than a football field.  It's covered in pretty good size boulders, but nothing that really offers much over-head protection (the 'summit' is simply the tallest stacked boulder on the field). 

It's not in the story, but has been reported on the local TV news, that it appears as if the lightening first struck the rock he was hunkered by (being the tallest object there), and then traveled by the path of least resistance (his head) to the ground.  So, this appears as if it wasn't a direct strike, which is probably why he's still alive.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

Major Lord

Quote from: Eclipse on August 06, 2010, 12:43:47 AM
Quote from: Major Lord on August 03, 2010, 02:48:57 PM

Major Lord

Is manslaughter just some guy giggling?

Excellent! But remember, you can't spell "Therapist" without "The Rapist"!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."