"Personal Gear" (WMIRS)

Started by Starbird, May 02, 2018, 08:34:10 PM

Starbird

Hello!

So I was signing into a SAREX today on WMIRS, and I noticed that there was a fill in spot for "Personal Gear."   Does anyone use this?  If so:  If I'm a GTM, do I just put 24/72 hour pack, etc?  Not really sure of what the scope of it is (Obviously, I'm not going to enter every article of clothing I'm wearing, or anything else that foolishly detailed) but I am wondering just how thorough one should be when listing gear.

Hope y'all are doing well.

Starbird

CAP9907

Whomever authorized you to sign into the mission is the person you should ask. Like perhaps your unit ESO or someone else responsible in your chain of command. I've not often seen that section used, the CAPF 109 is usually the appropriate place for that information.
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

Eclipse

How do you have a Sarex during school on a Thursday?

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

If it is something that if damaged/stolen/destroyed I'll need to file an insurance claim on, I'll put it in there. I have a few separate lists of personal laptops, printers, comm gear, and specialized equipment that I can bring to the table in support of CAP missions. If I do so I'll dump the list there.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Eclipse on May 02, 2018, 09:37:15 PM

By having it on a Wednesday, perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Luis R. Ramos

24-hour pack, 72-hour pack, scanner, map kit, etc.

Yes, I use it.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Starbird

Quote from: CAP9907 on May 02, 2018, 09:09:39 PM
Whomever authorized you to sign into the mission is the person you should ask. Like perhaps your unit ESO or someone else responsible in your chain of command. I've not often seen that section used, the CAPF 109 is usually the appropriate place for that information.

I was signed in along with an air sortie inputted by an SM.  I just had to go in and set up my mission base/duty assignment.  Probably should have clarified that in my OP.  My bad.

SAREX begins Friday.  Mission has been open since Monday, I think for aircraft reloc (not sure).  As for my skipping school on Friday, my senior class is off on a class trip (camping in the woods somewhere) that I didn't want anything to do with (it's common knowledge that kids sneak drugs and alcohol in every year (the administration is aware but someone always out smarts them) and needless to say I don't want to be around any of that) so instead of going on the trip, I decided to go to a SAREX instead, as seniors who don't go on the trip are given the days off. No regrets there, SAREX is a much better use of my time than sitting around at home or dealing with the endless stupidity of the trip!

Quote from: Holding Pattern on May 02, 2018, 09:45:22 PM
If it is something that if damaged/stolen/destroyed I'll need to file an insurance claim on, I'll put it in there. I have a few separate lists of personal laptops, printers, comm gear, and specialized equipment that I can bring to the table in support of CAP missions. If I do so I'll dump the list there.

I'll probably list my laptop/comm scanner, makes sense...

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on May 02, 2018, 10:02:30 PM

By having it on a Wednesday, perhaps?

Got a laugh out of this, thanks haha

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on May 02, 2018, 10:33:32 PM
24-hour pack, 72-hour pack, scanner, map kit, etc.

Yes, I use it.

Guess it can't hurt to list everything!

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I appreciate it!

Spaceman3750

I don't personally bother, nor do I instruct MSAs to input anything. If I need to know if anyone has X I'll usually just stand up and poll the room.

What insurance does this? I have a pair of Oakley's I lost on a SAREX in 2011 I'd like to get replaced :P

Eclipse

What insurance does this? I have a pair of Oakley's I lost on a SAREX in 2011 I'd like to get replaced :P

+1 CAP's not covering the personal toys that you donate to their use, and few, if any,
homeowners or blanket business liability policies are going to replace something you
used supporting a government agency (etc.).

"That Others May Zoom"

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on May 03, 2018, 03:03:22 AM

+1 CAP's not covering the personal toys that you donate to their use, and few, if any,
homeowners or blanket business liability policies are going to replace something you
used supporting a government agency (etc.).

You need a better insurance guy.