Cadet Recruiting Video Contest

Started by Lancer, November 03, 2009, 10:35:24 PM

Lancer

Hey everyone...

Thanks to the e-mail that the Cadet Programs team sent out yesterday regarding NCSA's, I see that an idea of mine had finally came to fruition, and is up and open for everyone!

After the 'Cadet Life Video ' slideshow came out I made the suggestion to our CP team at NHQ that I thought it would be a great idea if we gave our membership a chance to show us how talented they are in the realm of video creation. I've seen just about everything (available online anyways) in regards to 'CAP videos'....some bad, and some REALLY good, and I think if the right effort was made by the right folks, we could have a great recruiting video to use going forward and that video would be created by YOU, the membership!

So, starting yesterday, through 31 Jan 2010, a contest is in place to see who can create the best 'Cadet Recruiting Video'. I'm not sure why the announcement was kept so low key, but I'm here to make some noise about it, since I think it's such a great idea and a great opportunity for our members.

Here is the link to the contest information:
http://www.capmembers.com/cadet_programs/opportunities/video_competition.cfm

Make sure you pay attention to the content restriction rules, i.e. Copyrighted Materials. Yes, cool songs make for cool videos, but if we want to be able to use the videos 'legally', then you need to use original music or find royalty free music. Unless of course you have amazing abilities to convince a record label into letting you use their music for these purposes.

Good luck to those of you who decide to enter! I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! Oh...and remember this is a video contest, not a slideshow contest! ;-)

[Message cross-posted to CadetStuff]

Eclipse

Quote from: Lancer on November 03, 2009, 10:35:24 PM
Make sure you pay attention to the content restriction rules, i.e. Copyrighted Materials. Yes, cool songs make for cool videos, but if we want to be able to use the videos 'legally', then you need to use original music or find royalty free music. Unless of course you have amazing abilities to convince a record label into letting you use their music for these purposes.

BTDT. Its not as difficult as it may seem initially, especially if you have a good Legal Officer to help.

With that said I'm 1-for-2 on the requests we've made.  Thank you Van Halen and Warner Music, and I won't say who we were not successful with, but the artist was on board immediately, it was the business people who had "issues".

Best, most expedient bet, though, is original or royalty free music.

"That Others May Zoom"

Fubar

Quote from: Eclipse on November 03, 2009, 11:14:32 PMBest, most expedient bet, though, is original or royalty free music.

I have found libraries and community television production facilities to be great sources for royalty-free music.

Fifinella

Thanks for the heads-up, Lancer.  I have spread the news to my squadron.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753