George Lucas to make Tuskeegee Airmen flick

Started by fyrfitrmedic, June 17, 2008, 10:05:51 PM

fyrfitrmedic

MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

RiverAux

I hadn't realized the Tuskeegee Airman movie was an HBO movie and that it hadn't been released in theatres...that being the case, a major studio production makes sense.

NEBoom

Great news.  I hope Lucas does the story justice.  We have an active Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen in Omaha, and I've heard them speak several times.  It will be exciting to see if any of their stories make it in to the movie!
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

Psicorp

Over the years I have given a significant percentage of my income to George Lucas and it's great to see him do some real historical work (especailly for such noble men), but please tell me he isn't going to write the dialog.   ;)
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

proveritas

Hannah

Quote from: proveritas on June 18, 2008, 02:59:46 PM
We hope dialog he does not write.

Come now, wesa like the way Yoda speak.  We noosaa like the wayen the Gungans like Jar-Jar speak.  :P

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Flying Pig

I hope they do this one right.  Unlike "Wind Talkers" which I thought was a sad waste of what could have been an awesome movie.

proveritas

Quote from: Orion Pax on June 18, 2008, 06:37:15 PM
Come now, wesa like the way Yoda speak.  We noosaa like the wayen the Gungans like Jar-Jar speak.  :P

Jar-Jar... deserves... to... die...

The first time I saw that movie, I kept hoping Darth Maul would impale the guy on his lightsaber. Got to be the most grating character in the whole series! lol
Hannah

Becks

BBATW

_

Quote from: Psicorp on June 18, 2008, 11:34:25 AMit's great to see him do some real historical work
Hello... The opening to Star Wars says it happened "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" thereby proving that it is in fact a historical piece.  (said in the voice of the comic book guy in The Simpsons)

Eclipse

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on June 21, 2008, 06:06:08 AM
Quote from: Psicorp on June 18, 2008, 11:34:25 AMit's great to see him do some real historical work
Hello... The opening to Star Wars says it happened "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" thereby proving that it is in fact a historical piece.  (said in the voice of the comic book guy in The Simpsons)

worst...prequel...ever    ;D

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Walkman

I saw a short spot about President Obama hosting a screening on the new movie at the White House with some of the Original Tuskegee Airmen present. There was a quick interview cut with of the Airmen that said the movie was "...an accurate representation of what we did. It shows the struggles we had against racism and segregation, it shows the camaraderie we had as pilots, it shows the excellence we had..."

As a WWII history fan, and a big fan of the original Tuskegee Airmen, I'm super excited about this movie!

medicmike

I have seen several short preview clips of it and it looks very good.  I can't wait to see it myself.
Michael Bridge          USAF Retired
2d Lt CAP
Health Services Officer
GLR-OH-003

coudano

the tactics and cgi in the previews look pretty shady,
but that's not really what the movie is about, i imagine,
so i'll digress :)

Flying Pig

.....as long as it doesnt end up like Wind Talkers.  Geeeeez...that movie had such potential.  How that awesome story ended up "Joe" being pissed at the indians is beyond me.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

titanII

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 18, 2012, 12:30:29 AM
.....as long as it doesnt end up like Wind Talkers.  Geeeeez...that movie had such potential.  How that awesome story ended up "Joe" being pissed at the indians is beyond me.
+1
Me while watching the trailer:   :D
Me after watching the movie:  :o
No longer active on CAP talk

A.Member

Looks awful...couldn't even make it through the trailer.  Cuba Gooding Jr?  Really?!   George Lucas sucks.   The only thing he did that was any good was the original Star Wars...everything he's done since has been riding it's coat tails and is garbage.   I'll pass on this one.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

The CyBorg is destroyed

I read an interview with Lucas where he said he's long been fascinated by the Airmen.

One of them came from my wife's hometown.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011