does anyone now if there is a 134 Security Forces sqdn in the US Air Force

Started by bricktonfire, May 12, 2008, 12:28:15 PM

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

Quote from: lilred36781 on May 13, 2008, 12:14:57 PMi've change the unit to the 890th Security force Sqdn

I'm all about dreaming, doodling on paper and having fun, but I do find it odd that you are specifically making up a Security Forces Squadron patch.  Why Security Forces?  You know there's nothing cool or special about them and they generally wouldn't be associated with anything cool or "top secret". 

Just wondering what you plan to use this for.  As a cadet, we made up CAP stuff, nothing ever "real military" like.  Like we came up with the 383rd Search and Rescue Squadron, 383 being the last 3 of our charter number.  But again, we never misrepresented ourselves as a real military group.
Serving since 1987.

ddelaney103

Generally, if you're making up your own patches, you want to make them clearly fake.

For example:

890th SFS - Bad

890th Alien Recovery Squadron or 890th Stargate Maintenance Flight - Good

Understand, no matter how outlandish you make the unit/patch, someone will think it is real.  I remember while making a food stop on the way back from a ANG Color Guard event getting quizzed about the frozen aliens at Wright Pat.

notaNCO forever

Quote from: ddelaney103 on May 15, 2008, 05:01:34 PM

890th Alien Recovery Squadron or 890th Stargate Maintenance Flight - Good

Hey stargates obviously real. ;D

Hawk200

Quote from: NCO forever on May 15, 2008, 06:17:43 PM
Hey stargates obviously real. ;D

The disturbing thing is that a lot people think so. It's realistic when it comes to a few things, but otherwise it's science fiction. But there are people that think it's more of a documentary.

Stonewall

I don't even know what it is.  TV show?  Book?  Movie?  Anyway, may I suggest NOT[/u] creating any type of patch, insignia or anything that may misrepresent you or your actions as a member of a military unit. 
Serving since 1987.

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Stonewall on May 15, 2008, 06:31:53 PM
I don't even know what it is.  TV show?  Book?  Movie?  Anyway, may I suggest NOT[/u] creating any type of patch, insignia or anything that may misrepresent you or your actions as a member of a military unit. 

It's a science fiction series. There is also a movie that was made before the series with Kurt Russel. The star of the TV series is Richard Dean Anderson. It's about a group of people in the Airforce that travel to different worlds through a wormhole.

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

notaNCO forever

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 15, 2008, 07:29:14 PM
Quote from: NCO forever on May 15, 2008, 06:34:41 PM
The star of the TV series is Richard Dean Anderson.

Macgyver?.......awesome. 

He also played in General Hospital way back in the day.

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

notaNCO forever

Quote from: NCO forever on May 15, 2008, 06:34:41 PM
It's a science fiction series. There is also a movie that was made before the series with Kurt Russel. The star of the TV series is Richard Dean Anderson. It's about a group of people in the Airforce that travel to different worlds through a wormhole.

Already stated

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

notaNCO forever

Richard Dean Anderson is better then Kurt Russel at least in Stargate. Not that Kurt Russel wasn't good.

JayT

No. No. No. No. No.

Who went through the dreamgate to Imaginationland?

'nuff said.

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: CCSE on May 13, 2008, 02:46:01 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on May 12, 2008, 09:45:49 PMSort of grew out of it when I got my driver license and chicks started to dig me.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' the same.  But even with a driver's licence and 43 flight hours, the chicks aren't digging me.  I think it's my car...  :D

Get a motorcycle. Chicks dig motorcycles.

Sure did work for me, at least...

[/drift]

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

MIKE

Mike Johnston