does anyone now if there is a 134 Security Forces sqdn in the US Air Force

Started by bricktonfire, May 12, 2008, 12:28:15 PM

bricktonfire

does any one now if there is a 134 Security Forces sqdn in the US Air Force

i want to make a fake patch but don't what to get in trouble

with the Air Force so please help

Stonewall

I did a google search for "134th Security Forces" and found this.  See that last line:

Security Forces Awards

Headquarters Security Forces named these 1996 unit and individual security police award winners:

Outstanding Security Police, Large Unit, 92nd Security Police Squadron, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash.
Outstanding Security Police, Medium Unit, 28th Security Police Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
Outstanding Security Police, Small Unit, 66th Security Police Squadron, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
Outstanding Security Police, Reserve Unit, 302nd Security Police Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
Outstanding Security Police, Guard Unit, 134th Security Police Squadron, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.

Serving since 1987.

Stonewall

Looks to be a small unit as part of the 134th Air Refueling Wing out of Memphis, TN (Tennessee Air National Guard).
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

Quote from: lilred36781 on May 12, 2008, 12:28:15 PM
does any one now if there is a 134 Security Forces sqdn in the US Air Force

i want to make a fake patch but don't what to get in trouble

with the Air Force so please help

I guess we don't want to know why you want to make a fake USAF security forces patch now do we?

DNall

bricktonfire

DNall

I don't know what that is, but the idea does sound like "stupid stuff."

LtCol White

I would have to STRONGLY advise against doing something like that. I think you're asking for problems and trouble.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Stonewall

When I was a cadet I made up all sorts of stupid things like that.  Never really made sound official, like 134th Security Forces Squadron; instead we made up things like a HALO team (high altitude low observers), or "recondo" team. 

Made up fake orders, signs, patches...all in fun as a goofy teenager/cadet.  Sort of grew out of it when I got my driver license and chicks started to dig me.
Serving since 1987.

JohnKachenmeister

I knew a guy who got court-martialled for creating fake sets of orders.
Another former CAP officer

notaNCO forever

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 12, 2008, 09:56:00 PM

That is a bit different from a patch.

Stonewall

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on May 12, 2008, 09:56:00 PM

In reference to my comment about "fake orders" it's not like they were real orders.  We did it in typing class and had things on there like "special operations search and rescue mission".  I think we were fairly safe from court martial when we were 14 and 15 years old in typing class.  :P
Serving since 1987.

Eagle400

Quote from: Stonewall on May 12, 2008, 09:45:49 PM
When I was a cadet I made up all sorts of stupid things like that.  Never really made sound official, like 134th Security Forces Squadron; instead we made up things like a HALO team (high altitude low observers), or "recondo" team.
Yes, and I'm sure that many (perhaps most) CAP GTM's, past and present, who consider themselves equivalent to "HALO", "recondo" and "ranger" personnel became CAP officers, got a staff slot at Hawk Mountain "Ranger" School, and continued to misappropriate the term "ranger" and further the rampant abuse of the Air Force BDU that is still condoned by Hawk Mountain personnel.

BTW, I'm not dissing you (Stonewall) or those you served with as a cadet on ground team.  I am dissing the whole "ranger" concept in CAP and the excessive (and unauthorized) bling that goes with it.  Ditto with terms like "HALO" and "recondo" within CAP.

If someone wants to be a ranger in a military uniform, that's fine.  They can join the Army and become a ranger, or join the Air Force and become a SATCOM Ranger.  Just ask Lordmonar, he's been one for years.

Also, the term "SATCOM Ranger" is unofficial, but certainly appropriate given the work that they do and the sacrifices they make.  Kind of like the paratroopers of the 101st Airborne Division in WWII, who were called the "Battered [Bastage]s of Bastogne" (though it was a complimentary term).

And just to make things clear, if CAP were the auxiliary of the Army, I would have no problem whatsoever with the term "ranger" being used in CAP.  But because CAP is the auxiliary of the Air Force, and "ranger" is not an official term in the Air Force, I will frown upon the use of the term in CAP until it does become an official term in the Air Force.  Should that never happen, I will frown upon its use in CAP until CAP gets rid of it.

Quote from: Stonewall on May 12, 2008, 09:45:49 PMMade up fake orders, signs, patches...all in fun as a goofy teenager/cadet.
That's cool, just as long as it is not presented as official.  It can be a good morale booster, especially among the younger cadets.

Quote from: Stonewall on May 12, 2008, 09:45:49 PMSort of grew out of it when I got my driver license and chicks started to dig me.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' the same.  But even with a driver's licence and 43 flight hours, the chicks aren't digging me.  I think it's my car...  :D

Stonewall

Um, yeah.  How did this become a "ranger" thread?  I think you mis-read or read too much into what I was saying.  It's not like we showed up to meetings or training calling ourselves any of this stuff.  It was all just talk, like a fiction story among ourselves.  No tabs, bells, whistles or berets ever showed up at any official CAP activity, meetings or otherwise.

Difference is, all the crap we did was outside of CAP.  A bunch of dreamers sitting around during lunch at school BSing like school kids.  CAP was CAP.  We didn't even have ground team badges back then in CAP.  Goofy fatigue caps; short-sleeve fatigues, black boots, flight caps and crew-neck t-shirts.  Pretty much the way CAP was supposed to be.  All that "HALO" and "Recondo" stuff was 14 and 15 year olds goofin' off on paper; literally with a pencil and notebook paper.  Some people played D&D, we wrote down fictitious positions and missions.  Trust me, our senior member leadership wouldn't have had any of this at a meeting or weekend activity.  Pretty much strict to the regulation.

Totally different when you're sitting there in class in middle school doodling on a piece of paper versus showing up with everything from the insignia, beret and patch section of the Ranger Joe's catalog.

I think the original poster wasn't so much looking for something "real", but something sort of morale or fun related.  Something maybe goofy for a helmet bag or something.
Serving since 1987.

Eagle400

Oh, okay.  Thanks for clearing that up, Stonewall.

I, too goofed off* as a young person who also happened to be a cadet in CAP.  I think that this kind of behavior is good for morale, good for health, and good for sanity.

I came up with all kinds of ideas about uniforms, like getting rid of all the Hawk Mountain bling and replacing it with a red beret, making bright orange boonie hats authorized for any ground-based SAR activity (they show up really well from the air), khaki BDUs for ground teams in all environments except desert areas, elimination of the old style AF service dress coat (except for wear with the Semiformal uniform), and a bunch of other things I can't think of right now.

And when I return to CAP and (God willing) become a CAP Mission Pilot, I will get a hold of a cloth ASNP (Aircrew Style Name Patch), one of those stylish "Aux on/Aux off" morale tabs, and put both on my helmet bag**.

*In the same way Stonewall described 

**And when I get in the plane, the morale patch comes off the helmet bag and onto my flight suit.  When the flight ends, it goes back on the helmet bag until the next flight.

afgeo4

Go really high in numbers... think 8 to 9 hundreds. There aren't that many units in USAF anymore, so there's a chance that'll be open. If you want to go even a safer route, go with 4 digits. That system went out a long time ago, so no active unit is numbered above 1000. However, you might be using a deactivated unit's lineage.

Just make sure it says Security Forces Squadron (they weren't called that when USAF used 4 digits for units).
GEORGE LURYE

afgeo4

Quote from: CCSE on May 13, 2008, 03:37:21 AM
Oh, okay.  Thanks for clearing that up, Stonewall.

I, too goofed off* as a young person who also happened to be a cadet in CAP.  I think that this kind of behavior is good for morale, good for health, and good for sanity.

I came up with all kinds of ideas about uniforms, like getting rid of all the Hawk Mountain bling and replacing it with a red beret, making bright orange boonie hats authorized for any ground-based SAR activity (they show up really well from the air), khaki BDUs for ground teams in all environments except desert areas, elimination of the old style AF service dress coat (except for wear with the Semiformal uniform), and a bunch of other things I can't think of right now.

And when I return to CAP and (God willing) become a CAP Mission Pilot, I will get a hold of a cloth ASNP (Aircrew Style Name Patch), one of those stylish "Aux on/Aux off" morale tabs, and put both on my helmet bag**.

*In the same way Stonewall described 

**And when I get in the plane, the morale patch comes off the helmet bag and onto my flight suit.  When the flight ends, it goes back on the helmet bag until the next flight.
Speaking of morale patches... wish there were others... like Cessnas or Gippsland or something.
GEORGE LURYE

SarDragon

Quote from: afgeo4 on May 13, 2008, 03:39:50 AMSpeaking of morale patches... wish there were others... like Cessnas or Gippsland or something.

You design it, and someone will embroider it. There are lots of places that do that stuff. The little morale patches should be really cheap.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bricktonfire

thanks and if you want please feel free to keep talking about morale patch and show pic too

(mods feel free to move this post anywhere and change the title thanks)

Thank cody

i've change the unit to the 890th Security force Sqdn

Eagle400

Quote from: afgeo4 on May 13, 2008, 03:39:50 AMSpeaking of morale patches... wish there were others... like Cessnas or Gippsland or something.

Those would be cool, but the best morale patch I've ever seen in my life is this one:

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

Quote from: lilred36781 on May 13, 2008, 12:14:57 PMi've change the unit to the 890th Security force Sqdn

I'm all about dreaming, doodling on paper and having fun, but I do find it odd that you are specifically making up a Security Forces Squadron patch.  Why Security Forces?  You know there's nothing cool or special about them and they generally wouldn't be associated with anything cool or "top secret". 

Just wondering what you plan to use this for.  As a cadet, we made up CAP stuff, nothing ever "real military" like.  Like we came up with the 383rd Search and Rescue Squadron, 383 being the last 3 of our charter number.  But again, we never misrepresented ourselves as a real military group.
Serving since 1987.

ddelaney103

Generally, if you're making up your own patches, you want to make them clearly fake.

For example:

890th SFS - Bad

890th Alien Recovery Squadron or 890th Stargate Maintenance Flight - Good

Understand, no matter how outlandish you make the unit/patch, someone will think it is real.  I remember while making a food stop on the way back from a ANG Color Guard event getting quizzed about the frozen aliens at Wright Pat.

notaNCO forever

Quote from: ddelaney103 on May 15, 2008, 05:01:34 PM

890th Alien Recovery Squadron or 890th Stargate Maintenance Flight - Good

Hey stargates obviously real. ;D

Hawk200

Quote from: NCO forever on May 15, 2008, 06:17:43 PM
Hey stargates obviously real. ;D

The disturbing thing is that a lot people think so. It's realistic when it comes to a few things, but otherwise it's science fiction. But there are people that think it's more of a documentary.

Stonewall

I don't even know what it is.  TV show?  Book?  Movie?  Anyway, may I suggest NOT[/u] creating any type of patch, insignia or anything that may misrepresent you or your actions as a member of a military unit. 
Serving since 1987.

notaNCO forever

Quote from: Stonewall on May 15, 2008, 06:31:53 PM
I don't even know what it is.  TV show?  Book?  Movie?  Anyway, may I suggest NOT[/u] creating any type of patch, insignia or anything that may misrepresent you or your actions as a member of a military unit. 

It's a science fiction series. There is also a movie that was made before the series with Kurt Russel. The star of the TV series is Richard Dean Anderson. It's about a group of people in the Airforce that travel to different worlds through a wormhole.

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

notaNCO forever

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 15, 2008, 07:29:14 PM
Quote from: NCO forever on May 15, 2008, 06:34:41 PM
The star of the TV series is Richard Dean Anderson.

Macgyver?.......awesome. 

He also played in General Hospital way back in the day.

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

notaNCO forever

Quote from: NCO forever on May 15, 2008, 06:34:41 PM
It's a science fiction series. There is also a movie that was made before the series with Kurt Russel. The star of the TV series is Richard Dean Anderson. It's about a group of people in the Airforce that travel to different worlds through a wormhole.

Already stated

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

notaNCO forever

Richard Dean Anderson is better then Kurt Russel at least in Stargate. Not that Kurt Russel wasn't good.

JayT

No. No. No. No. No.

Who went through the dreamgate to Imaginationland?

'nuff said.

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: CCSE on May 13, 2008, 02:46:01 AM
Quote from: Stonewall on May 12, 2008, 09:45:49 PMSort of grew out of it when I got my driver license and chicks started to dig me.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' the same.  But even with a driver's licence and 43 flight hours, the chicks aren't digging me.  I think it's my car...  :D

Get a motorcycle. Chicks dig motorcycles.

Sure did work for me, at least...

[/drift]

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

MIKE

Mike Johnston