What would CAP lose by ditching the corporate status?

Started by Holding Pattern, September 21, 2016, 04:39:12 PM

etodd

Starfleet Auxiliary started this thread and then has sat back enjoying popcorn without dropping back in. I figured I'd give him some fun reading. LOL
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Майор Хаткевич

Nah, you figured you'd advance you're tired and ridiculous narrative.

USACAP

This thread DELIVERS! :)

That...
Doesn't even make sense.
Where in DHS?
There is no home in the Department for CAP.

Quote from: etodd on September 21, 2016, 07:04:32 PM
If anything ... I foresee a possible future where CAP is folded into Homeland Security and out of the AF.

USACAP

Quote from: USACAP on September 23, 2016, 02:57:59 AM
This thread DELIVERS! :)

That...
Doesn't even make sense.
Where in DHS?
There is no home in the Department for CAP.

Quote from: etodd on September 21, 2016, 07:04:32 PM
If anything ... I foresee a possible future where CAP is folded into Homeland Security and out of the AF.

Truth.
This gent here actually knows what he's talking about:
Quote from: sardak on September 21, 2016, 11:36:25 PM
QuotePoint being that AFRCC could easily outsource SAR as well. They could use a business or any other organization.
No they can't. AFRCC only coordinates requests for federal SAR resources. If CAP isn't the USAF Aux, they don't get requested by AFRCC.

"As the United States' inland search and rescue (SAR) coordinator, the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center (AFRCC) serves as the single agency responsible for coordinating on-land federal SAR activities in the 48 contiguous United States while also providing SAR assistance to Mexico and Canada."

"Once verified as an actual distress situation, the AFRCC requests support from the appropriate federal SAR force."

Mike