What to say and when to say it

Started by ElectricPenguin, April 13, 2011, 06:00:49 PM

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 14, 2011, 03:02:03 AM

Bingo. Pegged in more than one way, this is just an example. Arkbird is correct.

EDIT: Did even more digging. What's worse is that the cadet that posted the video was on public affairs staff that year.

HA! Wow. Any idea what wing? NVM

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: N Harmon on April 14, 2011, 01:54:08 AM
I think we are all in agreement that the behavior of the Cadet Major (the one on the porch closest to the camera) is unacceptable. But I am curious what specifically everyone sees as crossing the line. I have watched this video through a few times now, paying close attention to a variety of individuals.

Contrast the behavior to that of the cadet officer on the other side of him. Is his acceptable?

How do we know he is a Major??? He doesn't display grade.

I stand corrected. His hat.

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: addo1 on April 15, 2011, 04:35:33 PM
I most definitely have some comments, but will save those for later.

I will, however, displace the idea that this was in Texas Wing. I have been to every encampment for the past many years in TXWG and I can guarantee you that this is not a TX facility. The only locations we have been to in the past few years have been the Alert Facility near Tyler, Texas and Camp Swift Training Facility in Bastrop, Texas. Texas Wing encampments do include some intensity and are definitely not "joy rides" for basics, but do not include things of this nature.

Good. I wouldn't want to have to deal with this.

ElectricPenguin

FYI folks, there was another video of this, this video is just the ending of it all. Though I think the owner hid that one too.

blackrain

I see a couple of cadets need remedial leadership training.

Now where did I put that FM on "Wall to Wall Counseling" >:D
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: HGjunkie on April 15, 2011, 11:58:04 PM
Uhh... Busted?

:clap: I feel like CIA  ;D

Spaceman3750

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on April 16, 2011, 12:13:06 AM
Uhh... Busted?

:clap: I feel like CSI  ;D

Yeah, the cadet that recorded/posted the video was on PAO staff, sadly. He did a good job of not linking his screen name with his real name but his girlfriend didn't. I found him after a couple hours of searching last night.

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 16, 2011, 12:28:24 AM
Uhh... Busted?

Yeah, the cadet that recorded/posted the video was on PAO staff, sadly. He did a good job of not linking his screen name with his real name but his girlfriend didn't. I found him after a couple hours of searching last night.

How the heck did you find his girl friend???

SarDragon

We can't give away all of our methods, now, can we?  :angel:
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: SarDragon on April 16, 2011, 01:04:59 AM
We can't give away all of our methods, now, can we?  :angel:

:clap: Bravo CIA

Spaceman3750

Quote from: ElectricPenguin on April 16, 2011, 12:55:36 AM
Uhh... Busted?

How the heck did you find his girl friend???

Your online privacy is only as good as your friends. If you are a tight ship, but your friends post their name and yours all over the internet, then you're cooked. That principle came into play here.

ElectricPenguin

The only girl on his friends list is single. Anyone see his 'fire' video? He seems quite careless.

SARDOC

I found him after a couple hours of searching last night.

HOURS...really?!?  Really?   hmm...okay.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: SARDOC on April 16, 2011, 02:39:00 AM
I found him after a couple hours of searching last night.

HOURS...really?!?  Really?   hmm...okay.

I missed it the first time. There were a few headbangs afterwards.

arBar

Absolutely deplorable.  If this is what is to be expected, my daughter will definitely not be joining.  This type of video is embarrassing and makes me want to not be associated with this organization.  I hope to God that the person who posted it would pull it off, not just from public, but completely.

Somebody please tell me that this is rare.

Eclipse

Quote from: arBar on April 16, 2011, 05:07:31 PM

It is.  The majority of our activities would not allow this, and the program itself specifically prohibits this kind of nonsense.

"That Others May Zoom"

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: arBar on April 16, 2011, 05:07:31 PM
Absolutely deplorable.  If this is what is to be expected, my daughter will definitely not be joining.  This type of video is embarrassing and makes me want to not be associated with this organization.  I hope to God that the person who posted it would pull it off, not just from public, but completely.

This is not what is expected. Regular CAP training schools are not like this.

ZigZag911

It's a disgrace...also, DUMB...what is the PURPOSE of this exercise?