Impending CAP Talk Hiatus

Started by FlyTiger77, January 21, 2011, 03:27:05 AM

manfredvonrichthofen

True, OpSec is very misunderstood in the Military as a whole, and CAP, even DoD sometimes has a problem getting the idea of OpSec, even though they were part of making up what OpSec is today. However, if someone chooses not to say what they aren't sure is OpSec, the kudos, they shouldn't put anything out that they don't know for sure is OpSec unrelated. Or if they just aren't comfortable with letting certain people know, let them go through the pain of finding out if they don't already know how to find the info.

Sir, I wish you luck in the box, have fun, I know I did. I don't know if this is your first jump across the pond, but don't lump everyone into the same category as soon as you get there. You will find that some of them are the greatest people in the world, and you will find yourself wanting to go to their homes and eat with them, oh yes, that's right, they can cook great! Ask for some flat bread with fish and eggs, and wash it down with some nice hot chai, my ideal last dinner.

FlyTiger77

Thanks for all the kind thoughts (even with the OPSEC digression).

The adventure begins tomorrow.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

manfredvonrichthofen

Good luck and God speed.

Keep your head down and your powder dry.

PaulR

FlyTiger77

Thanks for the well wishes.

I arrived here on Sunday after a long but uneventful trip. I trust all is well in each of your CAP worlds.

JeffDG

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on February 15, 2011, 08:23:14 PM
Thanks for the well wishes.

I arrived here on Sunday after a long but uneventful trip. I trust all is well in each of your CAP worlds.

All the best, and we'll keep the fires burning back in TNWG!

FlyTiger77

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,

If you are keeping score at home, I have returned (and in much less time than Dugout Doug did back in the big war)!

:)

v/r

SARDOC

AlphaSigOU

Welcome back to the Land of the Big BX, or the Land of the Round Doorknobs! (I'm still serving overseas on Kwajalein...)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

Long live round doorknobs!  oh, and WB.

JeffDG

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on October 25, 2011, 07:58:59 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls,

If you are keeping score at home, I have returned (and in much less time than Dugout Doug did back in the big war)!

:)

v/r
Lookin' for your old job back?  Please....   >:D

FlyTiger77

Well, I was going to ask for it back, but I understand that some real high-speed guy has it now and will be doing a bang-up job.

Stonewall

Looks like we were gone about the same time.  I was OEF from early Jan to late July.

Welcome back.  Don't forget to update your ribbon rack with an ungodly amount of unnecessary accouterments.

Serving since 1987.

FlyTiger77

Quote from: Stonewall on October 26, 2011, 01:05:46 AM
Looks like we were gone about the same time.  I was OEF from early Jan to late July.

Welcome back.  Don't forget to update your ribbon rack with an ungodly amount of unnecessary accouterments.

Welcome back to you as well. I was an OND guy, so I have a lesser amount of unnecessary additions. I would think that when you add the first campaign medal you would remove the GWOT Service Medal, but that does not appear to be the case.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on October 26, 2011, 12:12:21 PM

Welcome back to you as well. I was an OND guy, so I have a lesser amount of unnecessary additions. I would think that when you add the first campaign medal you would remove the GWOT Service Medal, but that does not appear to be the case.

The GWOT-S medal stays. Post 9/11 veterans get the National Defense Service Medal, a campaign medal for either Iraq or Afghanistan (if they deployed to the sandbox) and the GWOT-S.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

FlyTiger77

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on October 26, 2011, 02:44:13 PM
Quote from: FlyTiger77 on October 26, 2011, 12:12:21 PM

The GWOT-S medal stays. Post 9/11 veterans get the National Defense Service Medal, a campaign medal for either Iraq or Afghanistan (if they deployed to the sandbox) and the GWOT-S.

Yes, I understand all of that. At the risk of further drifting my own thread, my point was that a campaign medal renders the GWOT-S medal somewhat redundant. Of course, I also think the Army Service Ribbon is somewhat silly.

MSG Mac

GWOT-S = served in support of the war-Anywhere
GWOT-E =served in direct support  in specified areas (Kuwait, HOA, Stan's, Philipines, etc)
Afghan and Iraq Service Medals= Actual service within the borders of those countries
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Smokey

Welcome back safe and sound.

Glad you are here.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

flyguy06

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on January 21, 2011, 03:27:05 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,

Within the next few weeks I will begin a year-long hiatus from CAP Talk precipitated by a lengthy vacation to a certain sandy place at the behest of my rich uncle, Sam.

I want you all to know that I have enjoyed reading CAP Talk and benefited greatly from the discussions, both serene and agitated. I love CAP because it allows me to be involved with people who want to make a positive difference in their lives and their communities. Plus, we do airplane stuff.

I look forward to rejoining the CAP Talk community in the future. Until then, keep the rotor RPM up and the greasy side down.

v/r

Thats interesting. I actually found CAPTalk.net while I was in the desert back in 05. Talking to CAP members helped keep me sane over there. Good luck to you.

FlyTiger77

Quote from: flyguy06 on October 28, 2011, 04:03:37 AM
Quote from: FlyTiger77 on January 21, 2011, 03:27:05 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,

Within the next few weeks I will begin a year-long hiatus from CAP Talk precipitated by a lengthy vacation to a certain sandy place at the behest of my rich uncle, Sam.

I want you all to know that I have enjoyed reading CAP Talk and benefited greatly from the discussions, both serene and agitated. I love CAP because it allows me to be involved with people who want to make a positive difference in their lives and their communities. Plus, we do airplane stuff.

I look forward to rejoining the CAP Talk community in the future. Until then, keep the rotor RPM up and the greasy side down.

v/r

Thats interesting. I actually found CAPTalk.net while I was in the desert back in 05. Talking to CAP members helped keep me sane over there. Good luck to you.

Unfortunately, forums such as this were blocked on our work network and the service at 'home' was poor at best. Thus, it was an exercise in frustration to try to do much worthwhile CAPTalking while deployed.