Impending CAP Talk Hiatus

Started by FlyTiger77, January 21, 2011, 03:27:05 AM

FlyTiger77

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,

Within the next few weeks I will begin a year-long hiatus from CAP Talk precipitated by a lengthy vacation to a certain sandy place at the behest of my rich uncle, Sam.

I want you all to know that I have enjoyed reading CAP Talk and benefited greatly from the discussions, both serene and agitated. I love CAP because it allows me to be involved with people who want to make a positive difference in their lives and their communities. Plus, we do airplane stuff.

I look forward to rejoining the CAP Talk community in the future. Until then, keep the rotor RPM up and the greasy side down.

v/r
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

marty1

Let me be the first on this forum to thank Lt Col Mullinax for his service to the TNWG. He has been an invaluable asset to the Wing staff and and his Excel skills are second to none. I will miss the colored spreadsheets with every piece of minutia tracked and hope the Army appreciates the wisdom and desire to exceed expectations that this man possess. Godspeed your return and thanks for your service to our country.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Marty Nix, Maj, CAP
DR Officer
TN-001

bosshawk

Blue skies and tail winds, Jack.  It only seems like yesterday that I got on a troop ship to Saigon.  My life has never been the same.  I am sure that yours will change also.

Good luck and God speed.

Paul
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

arBar

Quote from: marty1 on January 21, 2011, 03:54:43 AM
Let me be the first on this forum to thank Lt Col Mullinax for his service to the TNWG. He has been an invaluable asset to the Wing staff and and his Excel skills are second to none. I will miss the colored spreadsheets with every piece of minutia tracked and hope the Army appreciates the wisdom and desire to exceed expectations that this man possess. Godspeed your return and thanks for your service to our country.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What he said.  Ditto.

indygreg

Wow, I wish I had a rich uncle that would send me to Acapulco for a year.

Seriously, good luck and God bless.

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^^What they said!

Enjoy yourself, Sir.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Good luck Sir, I am truly jealous. I hope your city stays quiet for you.

By the way, Army, AF, MC, or Navy? And Iraq or Afgh?

Major Lord

You should know better than to ask a question like that.......

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

JeffDG

Good luck, sir...and I look forward to working with you more upon your safe return.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Major Lord on January 21, 2011, 03:47:00 PM

Major Lord

The standard reply I've found is "Upickastan."

Sir, come back safely.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: Major Lord on January 21, 2011, 03:47:00 PM

Major Lord
Not OpSec, this sort of stuff is posted online, easy to find out, if you know the unit. If you know the unit you can even find the mailing address for the FOB posted on the unit website for FRG. None of what I have asked was OpSec violation. I want to know, because I try to setup sponsorships for deployed units.

Major Lord

He chose not to say,  including identifying his unit or date of departure.

Louis Lipps
Ship Sinker
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Major Lord on January 21, 2011, 08:31:04 PM
He chose not to say,  including identifying his unit or date of departure.

Louis Lipps
Ship Sinker

Probably a wise choice on his part, whether he was ordered not to or chose not to.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

I am a ship sinker? Evidently you ought to check up on what is considered OpSec to the military. Check the bottom link for lists even in Arabic.
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=49926
http://www.usf-iraq.com/

If he chooses not to say, that is no problem at all. I was just going to try to set his unit with a sponsor for mailing. I know how bad it feels to go a whole deployment without getting mail, and I like to try to not let that happen.

ZigZag911

Good luck, Colonel, and God bless you for your service!

FlyTiger77

All,

Thank you for the warm thoughts. I will miss reading CAP Talk regularly (some would even say obsessively).

I count it a coup that I was able to get Marty1 to post only his 3d entry in his several years of lurking. I must admit that working with him has been a singular pleasure in my time in CAP. I expect to hear more of the great things he does in Tennessee wing. JeffDG is also a marvelous asset for the Tennessee wing.

For the others that I do not know, keep fighting the good fight (and thanks for not turning this into a uniform thread!).

v/r
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Pylon

Stay safe out there, sir.  And of course if you wouldn't mind some mail while playing in the sandbox, rest assured if you choose to share your FPO/APO address with us, you'll get some love at mail call.

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

A.Member

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

JK657

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on January 21, 2011, 08:43:18 PM
I am a ship sinker? Evidently you ought to check up on what is considered OpSec to the military. Check the bottom link for lists even in Arabic.
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=49926
http://www.usf-iraq.com/

If he chooses not to say, that is no problem at all. I was just going to try to set his unit with a sponsor for mailing. I know how bad it feels to go a whole deployment without getting mail, and I like to try to not let that happen.

Thank you for posting that... OPSEC is one of the most misunderstood things in the military

bosshawk

OPSEC is even worse understood in CAP.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777