Summer Board Meeting Discussion Thread

Started by DakRadz, September 03, 2010, 09:30:39 PM

JCJ

Quote from: RickFranz on September 05, 2010, 01:06:19 PM
Quote from: Slim on September 05, 2010, 05:15:07 AM
Quote from: RickFranz on September 05, 2010, 04:45:01 AM
I thought is was interesting that our Senior Member of the Year was wearing the CSU,

I hope I just read that comment the wrong way

How so?  Having known him ( and consider him a friend) for going on 30 years, I can tell you that he's a dedicated, active member of CAP.  Former cadet, Spaatz (749), worked his way up through the senior program as well.  Has held positions at all levels, has a couple of master ratings, a few senior ratings, is an IC, MP, and a couple other ES quals.  He's one of the few people in MIWG who has been to more encampments than I have (32, I want to say), has run a week-long AE activity for the last couple of years.  There are very few seniors around our wing who are current and fluent in all three program areas, and he's one of them.  This was-I'm sure-helpful in his selection for both SMOY, and MIWG/CC.

Or, was it really all about the uniform?
At times on the\is board it would seem that the CSU and those who wear it have little to offer and therefore should not be around. 

I was very impressed by his record and I have nothing but respect for what he has done for Civil Air Patrol.  I was trying to point out that those that can not wear a regular AF uniform do have a great deal to offer this fine organization.  That was all I was trying to say.

^ this

RADIOMAN015

I watched the Ceremony/Banquet (till 0030 hrs local here in the wild east), and it was gratifying to hear the comments made by the Commander lst Air Force, regarding the AF's, DOD's, & other federal agencies opinion of CAP and our ability to get things done over a wide region & inter region basis.

It was also interesting to hear the comments from CAP direct supervisor, Commander Holms Center, regarding how long she has been associated with CAP (15 years), and her son's participation as a cadet Captain, as well as her speech on "partnering" with our various customers.   She also mentioned something about writing the ECI 13 course???   What did you all think about her glasses versus her official AF photo ;)

I thought the aircrew members receiving their outstanding crew award would have been better off wearing their flight suit versus their civilian non CAP suits ;)  I think it's very typical for CAP flight crew dogs to not have ANY other uniforms other than a flight suit (maybe a golf shirt) ;)

Also interestingly the Commander CAP wore civilian attire and not a CAP type uniform.  If I remember correctly she worn that same civilian attire at other banquets.   Is there a subtle message here that we are the CIVIL Air Patrol :clap:   ;) 

RM

Eclipse

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 05, 2010, 02:48:46 PM
Also interestingly the Commander CAP wore civilian attire and not a CAP type uniform.  If I remember correctly she worn that same civilian attire at other banquets.   Is there a subtle message here that we are the CIVIL Air Patrol

No.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Also interestingly the Commander CAP wore civilian attire and not a CAP type uniform.  If I remember correctly she worn that same civilian attire at other banquets.   Is there a subtle message here that we are the CIVIL Air Patrol :clap:   ;) 

RM
I doubt it. I think it's more that since she can't wear a formal uniform, she wears civilian clothes, which *is* authorized by reg.

JC004

Is there a subtle message here that we are the CIVIL Air Patrol :clap:   ;) 

:o  Civil Civilian

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on September 05, 2010, 02:59:36 PM
Also interestingly the Commander CAP wore civilian attire and not a CAP type uniform.  If I remember correctly she worn that same civilian attire at other banquets.   Is there a subtle message here that we are the CIVIL Air Patrol

No.

I am glad you made that comment.  I grow tired of people trying to make "sweeping" policy predictions based on what uniform is being worn.

I think, for the sake of "cuteness," I will apply the moniker of "The Boxers or Briefs Debate" to that issue.   Meaning, if a certain percentage of CAP and USAF personal are wearing "Boxers" or if a certain percenatage is wearing "Briefs" it positively and absolutely means the same unalterable fact...NOTHING!!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Slim

I thought is was interesting that our Senior Member of the Year was wearing the CSU,

I hope I just read that comment the wrong way

How so?  Having known him ( and consider him a friend) for going on 30 years, I can tell you that he's a dedicated, active member of CAP.  Former cadet, Spaatz (749), worked his way up through the senior program as well.  Has held positions at all levels, has a couple of master ratings, a few senior ratings, is an IC, MP, and a couple other ES quals.  He's one of the few people in MIWG who has been to more encampments than I have (32, I want to say), has run a week-long AE activity for the last couple of years.  There are very few seniors around our wing who are current and fluent in all three program areas, and he's one of them.  This was-I'm sure-helpful in his selection for both SMOY, and MIWG/CC.

Or, was it really all about the uniform?
At times on the\is board it would seem that the CSU and those who wear it have little to offer and therefore should not be around.

Concur, sad as that is. 

QuoteI was very impressed by his record and I have nothing but respect for what he has done for Civil Air Patrol.  I was trying to point out that those that can not wear a regular AF uniform do have a great deal to offer this fine organization.  That was all I was trying to say.

Good enough, I was hoping that was what you meant.  Thanks.

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has commented on the last two SMOYs being from MIWG.

Slim

spacecommand

Maybe it was just me, but the MC seemed to want to rush right through everything. 

Then he got int some of the photographs, though I don't think he was doing that intentionally, he moved out of the way after the Aerospace Teacher of the Year photo, which btw was a fantastic resume for the teacher, a well deserved award.

Майор Хаткевич

It is disappointing the issue of the triangle-thingy didn't come up.

This is what I do: MBSMFG.com

A little backstory:

MBS Manufacturing is the machine shop business.
Heartland Products is the ecommerce business.

When it started out, the ecommerce side was run under the machine shop name, so the website was developed on top of the machine shop website, the ebay ID became the machine shop name, and the amazon.com store was also under mbsmfg.

Overtime, we began to expand, and incorporated the ecommerce business under Heartland Products Inc. I designed the Chicago city skyline logo, which can be seen on every item picture (except for Amazon, their rules call for the item image on a white background). That logo appears on: every image, every business card, every item package, every forum avatar, every item listing where it's appropriate. When people call us/contact us, they ask for Heartland Products, because every item and even the logo have those words. Here are the examples:

Here's my recent "deviation", in order to adopt the logo onto instruction pages without putting it at the bottom corner:

And with all that, it still bugs me that the HeartlandProducts user ID on ebay is taken, that the website HeartlandProducts.com is for some reason not available, and we're stuck using MBSMFG.com for the time being.

When all of this was designed, I was 18. I knew that if we're going with the theme, it should be everywhere! When I find the trackbacks to our site, the forums mention products from Heartland Products. They may have a link to mbsmfg.com, but everywhere it comes out to Heartland Products. Why can't CAP do that?

MSG Mac

Quote from: Slim on September 05, 2010, 07:59:51 PM

[

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has commented on the last two SMOYs being from MIWG.

I am more concerned that the CC and CV are both from the same Wing and Region.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Eclipse

Quote from: MSG Mac on September 05, 2010, 11:21:37 PM
I am more concerned that the CC and CV are both from the same Wing and Region.

The new CV is from OHWG, the CC is from MIWG.

Considering there are only 8 regions the odds of the #1&2 being from the same region are generally pretty good.

What is the concern?  They will work together and quell the infighting?  They will be on the same page and get things done?
There will be loyalty in both directions and perhaps if they have a difference of opinion they will handle like adults?

"That Others May Zoom"

RRLE

Quotethat the website HeartlandProducts.com is for some reason not available

Two different whois services state the domain is for sale. It appears the owner is THIS-DOMAIN-FOR-SALE.COM

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RRLE on September 05, 2010, 11:54:17 PM
Quotethat the website HeartlandProducts.com is for some reason not available

Two different whois services state the domain is for sale. It appears the owner is THIS-DOMAIN-FOR-SALE.COM

Godaddy.com is selling it for $2,998.00
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

FW

Quote from: Eclipse on September 05, 2010, 11:51:05 PM
What is the concern?  They will work together and quell the infighting?  They will be on the same page and get things done?
There will be loyalty in both directions and perhaps if they have a difference of opinion they will handle like adults?

:-X 

DakRadz

Quote from: FW on September 06, 2010, 03:47:58 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 05, 2010, 11:51:05 PM

:-X
Heard them call your name at the meeting, sir. No close-up though ^_^

tarheel gumby

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 04, 2010, 11:07:54 PMI should have kept count of which uniforms were worn by the awardees.  Seemed like most of the comm guys wore the blazer.   Even our commander wore the blazer outfit.

RM

So was the Historian of the Year
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001