Assigning cadet duties

Started by Turtle1, February 15, 2018, 12:56:52 PM

Turtle1

Good Morning we used to be able to assign cadet duties under Commander's Corner. Now under Commander's Corner there is only the option to assign Senior Members. I did not find anything under the Cadet Programs section. Does anyone no where this is located?
Thank you.
Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

kcebnaes

In eServices, go into the personnel section, then the duty assignment, and then assign cadet duties. Once there, you can assign a primary and an alternate representative. This is also the same spot to assign the rest of your cadet duties(element leader, first sergeant, Public Affairs NCO, etc.)
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

Turtle1

Marybeth Williams
Major, CAP

GaryVC

However, there are some problems with this module. You are unable to assign cadets below the rank of C/SSgt to anything except element leader. This is despite the fact that there are several cadet airman positions described on page 53 of CAPP 60-31 Cadet Staff Handbook.

Fester

Quote from: GaryVC on February 15, 2018, 06:24:11 PM
However, there are some problems with this module. You are unable to assign cadets below the rank of C/SSgt to anything except element leader. This is despite the fact that there are several cadet airman positions described on page 53 of CAPP 60-31 Cadet Staff Handbook.

They revamped it in accordance with the new CAPR 60-1.  Which states that there are only 2 positions cadet airmen are eligible for.  Element Leader and Support Staff.

Something that is LONG overdue as I've seen far too many Cadet Commanders that were C/SSgt or lower......
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

GaryVC

And how to you assign a cadet airman to a support staff position if it isn't one of the options?

Jester

I just tried with a C/A1C and it wouldn't let me do anything, even support staff.  Tried a C/MSgt and all the appropriate options showed up.

kcebnaes

To throw more a wrench in  things, I just tried assigning a c/AB to the Historian NCO slot and it allowed it. I don't know if it has to do with the unit in question being on the smaller side, or a glitch though.
Sean Beck, Maj, CAP
Great Lakes Region sUAS Officer
Various Other Things™

TIger

We don't bestow the title of commander on anyone below second lieutenant. It is the right thing to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro