Main Menu

Flight suits

Started by C/SSgt. Bermeo, May 04, 2015, 05:32:05 AM

C/SSgt. Bermeo

Hello everyone, first post on cap talk. So basically my question is, what are the requirements to wear a flight suit as a cadet? I am in the process of flight lessons and should solo by October, any reply would be much obliged.

Huey Driver

C/SSgt Bermeo,

I hope that as a cadet NCO, you know what the CAPM 39-1 is - it has your answers!

Quote from: CAPM 39-18.1.1.1. The USAF-style FDU and Corporate FDU (CFDU) are authorized functional clothing for wear by individuals who perform aviation particular duties. Flight duty includes preparation, preflight, in-flight, post-flight, and other flight related duties associated with aircraft operations. The FDU and CFDU are authorized for wear by personnel who have or previously had a CAP aeronautical rating as defined by CAPR 35-6, Aeronautical Ratings, Emergency Services Patch and Badges, and Ground Team Badges, and/or have a current aircrew mission qualification (mission pilot, transport pilot, observer, scanner, aerial photographer, etc.). Personnel who do not have a current aircrew mission qualification or a current or prior aeronautical rating may be authorized wear of the FDU and CFDU on days when actual flying is planned or anticipated. Wing commanders will determine when FDU and CFDU wear is appropriate.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...