Main Menu

Military Badges

Started by Sgt. Savage, April 11, 2007, 01:10:25 PM

Rangersigo

I agree that the uniformity looks better.  New to CAP I wear my Army awards and have different ones on all three uniforms.

Just wondering if converting them is actually "legal".  I know the AAFEs offers the parachutist, halo, and air assault in the blue, but what about converting the CIB, Pathfinder, etc?

Just a thought?

Stonewall

Wish I had a picture of it, but a friend of mine wore ABN, AAS, EIB on his CAP uniform.  Had an EIB made by www.nametags4u.com and it looked awesome.

I've actually seen a member at National Headquarters sporting white/blue Master Blaster either in the uniform manual or some CAP publication.  Doesn't make it right, but I'm quite sure that it's not only allowed, but probably encouraged.  Been doing it for 15 years and if anything I've gotten compliments on the white/blue vs any negative comments.

I actually have a HALO badge in white on blue, see if I can find it.
Serving since 1987.

NIN

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 13, 2007, 05:03:01 PM
Is that like the CAV guys wearing stetsons and and the other junk that was phased out of the army 100 years ago?  I remember at Ft Sill, the custom (at least when I was there) were for the Officers to wear the old style Branch Insignia.  The ones from the late 1860's.  As soon as you left though, you threw the current crossed cannons back on.  I see no problem wearing something that is tolerated up the chain of command.  When it comes down to it, all the individual service member will be told is to remove said device, and his superiors will get the "formal counseling".

When I was in Korea in the 80s, I went over to Osan AB and had a gent make up a flight suit nametag that had my crew wings, my name, rank & branch, and the front view of a Chinook on one side of it.  Really high-speed embroidery (and I'll be ding-dang'ed if I can find that SOB now..), looked great. Black name tag, white wings & text, OD Chinook with black blades and black outline... It just looked nice..

I come cruising into the platoon office one Monday with this bad boy on my flight jacket.  My platoon sergeant takes a double take, says "#@^%& Ninness, why you gotta go screw it up for the rest of us?  Where'd you have that done at?"   By the end of the next week, fully 2/3 of the company was sporting these nametags, including the CO...

If you can't beat 'em, get 'em to join you.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: Stonewall on April 13, 2007, 09:11:43 PM
I actually have a HALO badge in white on blue, see if I can find it.

Grrr, 6 static lines and 524 freefalls and I can't wear 'em...

;D
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: Stonewall on April 13, 2007, 09:02:58 PM
39-1 doesn't say that it has to be one or the other.  It says military badges can be regular air force subdued.  However, I prefer to keep uniformity on my CAP uniform, just personal preference

In my last squadron we had something like 8 people with jump wings so we thought it would look cool to all be the same, white on blue.

If you were planning to wear a military badge and CAP badge, I think it would look better to have both of them look the same as well, instead of one subdued and one white/blue.  YMMV.

Plus, I've been wearing "white-on-OD" crew wings since I got off active duty in 1989.. I never preferred the "mix-and-match" look of subdued crew wings, so I trolled the gun shows and military collectors shows for old "white-on-OD" crew wings... my stash was running low and I was getting ready to setup a new set of uniforms, and I decided "Hey, what the hell, lets get some white-on-ultramarine ones done..."

Now I'll look all high speed and stuff. My XO wears AF crew wings and he dug up a set of the old skool white-on-ultramarines from the 70s... His BDUs are the shizzle...

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Trung Si Ma

NIN:

I also have some white on blue ACB's if you need some.
Freedom isn't free - I paid for it

NIN

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on April 15, 2007, 05:07:45 PM
I also have some white on blue ACB's if you need some.

Actually:

Took that shot last night after I got done going crazy with the sewing machine.

Need to stitch up the flag & squadron patch yet, but those are next. Needed to track down my yellow thread.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Hawk200

Quote from: NIN on April 16, 2007, 12:59:50 AM

Looking forward to getting that set of wings myself. Nine and a half weeks to go.... :)