Blue Field Uniform

Started by Mela_007, July 12, 2013, 03:44:17 PM

Alaric

Quote from: usafaux2004 on August 28, 2013, 04:10:06 AM
Certainly in the minority most of the time, even if others should be wearing them.

I can wear both but I prefer the Blue BDUs, I've always thought it was odd we wore the woodland BDUs and then the Orange Vests.  If I was king for the day, I would have a BDU in a red, orange or yellow to eschew the need for a vest :)

Eclipse

Quote from: robaroth on August 29, 2013, 01:41:36 AM
Certainly in the minority most of the time, even if others should be wearing them.

I can wear both but I prefer the Blue BDUs, I've always thought it was odd we wore the woodland BDUs and then the Orange Vests.  If I was king for the day, I would have a BDU in a red, orange or yellow to eschew the need for a vest :)

My guess is that if you were king, you'd have a BDU in red, orange and yellow.  ((*snort*))

"That Others May Zoom"

Alaric

Quote from: Eclipse on August 29, 2013, 01:50:03 AM

My guess is that if you were king, you'd have a BDU in red, orange and yellow.  ((*snort*))

Actually red and yellow make orange so all three would be superfluous  :)

Eclipse

Would they cancel each other out and you'd be full-on Predator invisible?

"That Others May Zoom"

Alaric

Quote from: Eclipse on August 29, 2013, 02:00:52 AM

You are funny funny person :)  Come to Northeast we have good time

NC Hokie

UGH!  Kill it with fire!

Too late...
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Luis R. Ramos

Be careful about uniforms.

When I lived in PR in the 1980's I was a member of an Explorers Post we gave First Aid and CPR classes to community groups etc and were a kind of reserve for the state Civil Defense. One of our uniforms was a mustard-colored coverall. We thought we were very distinctive!

One day we were scheduled to teach a CPR class to a group of students at a community college auditorium with a broken air conditioner. We had just started wearing those coveralls so were beaming! As we arrived, all  students in the auditorium started cheering and clapping. So our ego went through the roof. As we got introduced, there was a collective groan and comments like "so you are not here to repair the AC?"

Talk about a downer...

And name and what you have in your insignias...

Name of the organization was Cuerpo de Voluntarios en Accion. Insignia was a gold cross with the letters CVA. We joked that CVA in English stands for "Cerebro Vascular Accident," or stroke...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Quote from: robaroth on August 29, 2013, 02:01:47 AM

Next time you're in town we will have muchly coffee...

"That Others May Zoom"

Alaric

Quote from: Eclipse on August 29, 2013, 02:14:25 AM
Quote from: robaroth on August 29, 2013, 02:01:47 AM

Next time you're in town we will have muchly coffee...

Which town, I like coffee

Eclipse

West Chicago or maybe North Chicago.

"That Others May Zoom"

skymaster

Quote from: Eclipse on August 28, 2013, 03:31:50 PM
The ones on the left are what I and everyone else in my wing wears.  The ones on the right are too dark.

Agreed. The one on the left is pretty much what everyone else in my wing wears as well, with the golf shirt. Anyone who thinks that the darker colour pant is appropriate for wear on or near a mission base tarmac in Georgia with 90% humidity during the summer, must be rather naive about the nature of our missions, and probably have not worked many, if any actual missions in the state. Even the EMA people and other first responders wear khaki tactical pants with their agency golf shirts that time of year.

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on August 29, 2013, 12:47:57 AM
I would tend to agree, except that in the context of the golf shirt, which is where you would use these, anything darker then the ones on the left
look too dark.

If you were wearing these with the aviators, it'd be a different story because you have other gray to compare it to and the shirt is obviously bright.

It's in the contrast where things go sideways.

Neither of the pictured items are authorized with the white shirt, so that point is moot.

Quote from: skymaster on August 29, 2013, 03:06:57 AM
Agreed. The one on the left is pretty much what everyone else in my wing wears as well, with the golf shirt. Anyone who thinks that the darker colour pant is appropriate for wear on or near a mission base tarmac in Georgia with 90% humidity during the summer, must be rather naive about the nature of our missions, and probably have not worked many, if any actual missions in the state. Even the EMA people and other first responders wear khaki tactical pants with their agency golf shirts that time of year.

I do the majority of my missions in So Cal. The temp here regularly gets to 90+. I, personally, haven't noticed a big difference among various shades of grey.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret